Re: Adhesions

Wed Oct 15 10:34:11 2008

>

Dear Linda,

I have had several different type stomach surgeries over the years, such as gastric bypass, got my gall bladder out, tubal ligation, later a complete hysterectomy. A few years back as no one could find out what was causing the pain in my abdomen, I had exploratory surgery. The doctor said I had adhesions that looked very much like a spider web all along my long tummy scar from the gastric bypass. I never researched it or even thought about it again as the pain was gone after he did whatever he did. I was getting married last year, and wanted to feel more confident and uninhibited, and so had a body lift to remove all that excess skin. I've been having tiny little pains off and on for months, but just contributed it to getting older. However, the pain isn't tiny any more, and I'm pretty sure it's adhesions again. I thought I could put taking care of it off a few weeks or months, as I just started a new job, and can't really afford time off. But the pain has really frightened me today, as it bought me to tears and all I'm doing is typing! So I decided to look adhesions up online, found your site, and frankly it's scaring me. It never occurred to me that it could be serious! I thought it would mean another small surgery to fix it, and that would be that....but from what I'm reading, I'm not even sure that's a viable option! There must be something that can be done! What can I do to stop it from getting worse?

Thank you for being out there wherever you are! Sincerely, Anita

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: