Re: Mayo Clinic Complaints

Wed Jan 14 21:31:51 2009

Hi, Tina.

I, too, had a nightmare issue with the Mayo clinic. I went to the Rochester site for a second opinion from Springfield, MO. When I arrived with all my records, I was asked to repeat some of the tests-including XRAYS. I stated I already had those records with me and that the X RAYS were taken just a few months prior. They insisted I have these tests before I could see the doctor. Long story short...my insurance doesn't pay for 97% of cost of the tests because they were already done. Mayo clinic refuses to drop the charges to Reasonable and Customary charges. Most importantly, the day I was there to see the doctor, I had a massive migraine. I literally vomited in the office sink and laid in a fetal position as the doctor continued to talk to me about my visit. He never asked me if I was okay or if I needed help. After my visit with that doctor, I was forced to drive to the ER of Mayo clinic's competitor, where I was treated immediately. In fact, I may have a brain tumor (I haven't received my tests back, yet).

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: