Re: waiting to live again

Sun Jan 25 19:07:35 2009

I have never had a hysterectomy although Dr. Redan's colleague (Dr. McCarus), at Celebrations Hospital feels very strongly that I would benefit from one. Something about "less adhesions form if you don't have a uterus". I think that's BS though. I'm no doctor but I would think it would mean even more adhesions because they would have even more room to grow.

Dr. Redan seems like a good doctor and a very caring individual. IF I were going to have more scheduled surgery, I would definitely want him to be the one to do it. I have to travel many miles to see him so I don't know when I'll decide to go back.

For now, I just do the best I can each day. I drink lots of hot water and 2 glasses of warm apple juice every single day. I have almost no caffiene in my diet and I limit foods that are hard to digest (i.e. red meat).

Exercise is VERY important if you have adhesions, even if it hurts when you do it. It's brutal for me but I try each day to stretch and walk. Also, if it is at all possible to get a "VISCERAL MASSAGE" ... do it!!!! Therapists with the knowledge are hard to find but worth the effort.

--
Katie

At Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Kelly Murray wrote: > >I had a hysterectomy the same time as a C-section. Now they say that it is too much trauma to the body.Kelly >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: