Re: waiting to live again

Mon Jan 26 16:40:51 2009

At this point, no, I have NOT had surgery with Dr. Redan ... only met with him twice last year for consultations. I am considering surgery and he said that he believes that I would benefit from it; however, he wants Dr. McCarus to remove my uterus and I am not ready for that.

--
Katie

At Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Linda wrote: > >Dear Katie, > >I copied the below from your message (see red). I guess I must be one of the two patients Dr. Redan referenced. Dr. Redan performed two laparoscopic adhesiolysis on my abdomen but the adhesions grew back. He removed my navel during the last surgery and now my abdomen looks weird/strange. I've had doctors tell me he should have made me a fake navel. > >I believe he is a good general surgeon but he was unable to keep my adhesions from returning. I have massive adhesions throughout my intestines and I live with excruciating pain. I read a statement he made on the http://www.adhesions.org site where he said it made no difference if the surgery to remove adhesions is done cutting one open or laparoscopic, they come back. > >Did Dr. Redan perform laparoscopic adhesiolysis on you? Did he record the procedure? He recorded my procedure and gave me a copy of the surgery. I let my gynecologist and physical therapist watch the movie of the surgery. > >When I met with him late last year, one of the first things I asked him >>>>was, "how many of your patients (AFTER adhesion removal), have to return >>>>to you for follow-up and how many never return?" He told me that he's >>>>only had 2 patients come back with problems after he'd removed their >>>>adhesions. >

>>> ----- Original Message ----- > From: Katie > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 11:50 PM > Subject: Re: waiting to live again > > Sarah, > Thank you so very much for that information. It gives hope to those of > us that often feel hopeless. > > Katie > > At Mon, 26 Jan 2009, sarah.wampler@yahoo.com wrote: > > > >Hi Katie, > >I emailed you at the email provided on this board. I hope this is okay. > >It would have been way too long of a post and I have posted my story > >before and don't want to make a pest of myself by posting it again :o) > >To let everyone know, though, I am 33 yrs old....had 2 c-sections, > >repeated surgeries after, then finally a hysterectomy/adhesion removal > >then tummy tuck to repair my abdominal wall. Yes, I have been pain free > >for 2 years, 3 months. Dr. Redan changed my life....will everyone have > >this kind of success? Maybe...maybe not. I certainly would not promise > >that, and I know he wouldn't either. By the way, thanks Kelly...I > >appreciate it and really really wish you the best. Katie, hope this > >helps. I sincerely pray for all of you suffering. > >Sarah > > > >At Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Katie wrote: > >> > >>Hi, can you provide a bit more information? How many surgeries have you > >>had? Have you had a hysterectomy? How bad were your adhesions? Any bowel > >>strictures or re-sections? How old are you? > >> > >>Thank you so much for your time and responses. > >> > >>-- > >>Katie > >> > >>At Mon, 26 Jan 2009, sarah.wampler@yahoo.com wrote: > >>> > >>>I had surgery with Dr. Redan over 2 years ago and am a success story. I > >>>have no pain. Good luck to you! > >> > >>>At Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Katie wrote: > >>>> > >>>>How many people posting here have actually had surgery with Dr. Redan? > >>>>How many are success stories? > >>>> > >>>>When I met with him late last year, one of the first things I asked him > >>>>was, "how many of your patients (AFTER adhesion removal), have to return > >>>>to you for follow-up and how many never return?" He told me that he's > >>>>only had 2 patients come back with problems after he'd removed their > >>>>adhesions. > >>>> > >>>>I have no idea what to think anymore. > >>>> > >>>>-- > >>>>Katie > >> > >http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > >------------------------------------------------------------------------------ >------------------------------------------------------------------------- >------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > >------------------------------------------------------------------------------ >-- >------------------------------------------------------------------------- No virus found in this incoming message. > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com >------------------------------------------------------------------------- No virus found in this incoming message. > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.13/1916 - Release Date: 1/26/2009 7:08 AM >------------------------------------------------------------------------- No virus found in this incoming message. >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: