Re: post op gallbladder adhesions caused by injury?

Wed Jan 28 22:23:42 2009

I agree with the signing part. I remember signing something saying I might die, nerve damage, yada, yada but nothing about having adhesions that could cause unbelievable pain for the rest of my life. Or the doctors who said that adhesions don't cause the kind of pain and complications I was talking about. And they let me go to them again and again for removal without telling me that before I would heal from the surgery they would already be back worse than before. Those complications need to be in the paperwork, especially for elective surgeries.

________________________________ From: NY House <MaryJACK3@hotmail.com>

--
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:38:34 PM
Subject: Re: post op gallbladder adhesions caused by injury?

if I may chime in here.... most gallbladder removals have been done through the belly button, with minimum invasive cutting, etc. I had mine done in 1993, and they did try the belly button three-tiny-hole method. but when it's far beyond bad... they have to cut you open and it's a major surgery just like any other type.

so the people I know with the belly button method seem a-ok... but then a few other's like me with the open it all up surgeries aren't so good. were yours the less or more invasive method?

and never did anyone say to me at 27 years old, this may cause adhesions and that the pain I came in with would feel like a pinch from here on out. I do remember signing a might die in surgery paper - but no adhesions mentioned. another bit of info: Kaiser, the big HMO on the west coast were the ones who diagnosed my then-unknown gallbladder issue, as an 'obvious' psychiatric illness. so of course when I returned later with this new pain - my file was once again sent to the psych department.

so if anyone is searching for a surgical or health plan - may I recommend NOT Kaiser for certain.

information is power... -jack.

Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:03 PM To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Subject: post op gallbladder adhesions caused by injury?

> I am wondering if post op gallbladder adhesions can be caused by an injury > or a fall. I had gallbladder surgery almost three years ago and was pain free. > > Recently I had a very bad fall on icy pavement. I hurt my upper back, but > strangely I started exoeriencing pain in the upper right quadrant of my > abdoment, it felt exactly the way I felt before my gallbladder was removed. > > Is it possible for adhessions or something like them to form from such > an injury almost three years later? >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: