Re: Germany

Thu Jan 29 02:04:18 2009

I mentioned that I was one of the people in recent years that has gone to Germany for surgery and stated that I have them back big-time. I did go on their site recently and saw that they are using a new barrier, Spray Shield. This may be better then the other barrier. Like I said on posts that I didn't want everyone to get on the bandwagon and race there to have surgery knowing that it isn't 100% cure. I think it is so heartbreaking when you pray to God that this will be it before you go to surgery and to end up with the adhesions again but after thinking about it and reading, maybe you need to try Germany if you can afford it. I am one of the few that Spray Gel was used and I didn't get better so I should not discourage everyone not to try it. We do all have different bodies and they will react different.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Kelly Murray<mailto:klmurray_61@msn.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:32 PM Subject: Re: post op gallbladder adhesions caused by injury?

I had a tape of one of my surgeries and they had a basketball size pile of scar tissue that was removed laying on the table. Amazing

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Heather Hetrick<mailto:backupzeus@ymail.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:18 PM Subject: Re: post op gallbladder adhesions caused by injury?

Mine started just by having my tubes tied using the "keyhole" method. They just got worse everytime they opened me to fix something else.

The only thing they do it get stiffer and thicker. I read something online where an adhesion was found as thick as someones wrist! They get their own blood supply going and everything...Damn things....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Katie <katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com>

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------    To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>
    Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:22:00 PM
    Subject: Re: post op gallbladder adhesions caused by injury?

I had my gallbladder taken out in '96 using the "keyhole" method. I was fine for several years (albeit I had some weird little phantom pains now and again), but seemed fine.

Four years ago I had surgery for an ovarian cyst and they removed my appendix at the same time. About 2 months after that I started having all kinds of pain and pulling and issues, not only in the lower pelvic area where the surgery was done but also tons of pulling and pain in the upper right quadrant where they took my gallbladder out years earlier.

I have good days and bad but can tell that my adhesion issues are worse now than they were just 6 months ago and much worse than a year ago.

Do these things ever stop growing????

Katie

To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org<mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org> mailing list please go to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm<http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm> ms/message.htm>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: