Re: another possible solution to our adhesions

Thu Jan 29 07:31:59 2009

My therapist goes straight down with the end of her fingers and hands as far as I can tolerate. It hurts but I seem to feel better after. I haven't had it done in a long while as she had hand surgery. She also works on my intestinal points on my feet. I want to kick her when she is doing it but afterwards I notice a difference.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Thompson<mailto:mark7@tx3.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 11:05 PM Subject: Re: another possible solution to our adhesions

There's probably a difference between myofacial release and visceral manipulation, but I don't know what it is. Nor have I tried very hard to figure it out. There are many different schools for this kind of stuff, with very few adopted standards. That's neither a good nor a bad thing. But it does make it harder for us consumers to make informed choices.

I do know that myofacial release is much easier to find than visceral manipulation. I wouldn't think any one place would do it better than another, but

My enthusiasm for all such "body work" or manipulations varies. But still I pay $150 a month for a professional to do it. And I've been doing so for 3.5 years. As Karen writes, "pain holds no bars." I've also been taking silk worm enzyme pills. The pills cost $70 per month.

Maybe I should be more enthusiastic because I can say that my pain is less. The therapist is going much deeper and I'm tolerating it better. That's really nice. I'm depressed though because my patience is wearing thin. My expectations are being stretched. But that's my fault for having them. He never promised any different. I'm just mad that he never promised anything. I hate not knowing. I hate it with a passion. But then, I'm rather demanding that way.

So I'd like to reinforce what Katie wrote: If you have the money to do it, I think you should give it a shot. It might be worth it.

Call around and ask about it. Try naturopathic offices. They've got referral lists right next to the phones. Try also physical therapy offices. Most insurances will pay for physical therapy visits. They'll probably ask first for a prescription from your general practitioner, first.

Yours,

Mark in Seattle

Katie wrote: > I believe you might be talking about "Visceral Massage". Visceral
> literally means "organ" and I have been researching it for about 3
> months now. There is no one in my area that does it but the funny thing
> is, I found out that you can indeed, do it on yourself!
>
> I have been doing this on my abdomen for 15 minutes in the a.m./15 in
> the p.m. (that is all I can tolerate right now), and although I am sore
> afterwards, I believe that it has helped. There is one area in
> particular on the upper right side that is no longer painful when I sit
> for more than 15 minutes. I don't know if I have stretched the adhesion
> or broken it loose. Breaking it free would be the ideal thing but I
> have no way of knowing, of course.
>
> I too, encourage everyone with ARD to research this and if you can
> afford to have someone do it on you, I think you should give it a shot.
>
> Hugs to all.
>
> Katie
>

To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org<mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org> mailing list please go to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm<http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: