Re: Question for Marlene

Fri Jan 30 19:35:00 2009

Katie, I had two surgeries 6mo appart. The first one I was quite messed up. He tried to do it with just the saline solution since it was my first surgery with him. It helped, but some of the adhesions came back.(I also had a stricture in my bowel internally which he had to redo the first time, so mine was not all adhesions!) He went in again 6 mo later and put barrier in. I'm doing so so much better. I know that there's always a chance that Iwill have to have this done again at some point, but It's been 2 years since the last surgery. I still have problems at times, but it's not from the adhesions for the most part. Its because the doctors here let me go to long, and I ended up having bowel trying to atrophy. Dr Gerhart is a wonderful person and knows what he's doing. I won't let anyone else touch me. Theirs always hope. Especially with the new barriers that are coming out. I'm hoping if I have to go back that I can wait for a couple years. I feel good for the most part. I'm up and around. I drive. I'm still in pain management, but not from the adhesions like I said. I'm now a single Mom of two teenagers. Oops 21 and 16. I'm on SSDI , but am hopeful that I will work soon. I'm actually starting my own business. Good Luck. Marlene

> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:28:10 -0600
> From: katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: Question for Marlene
>
> Marlene, I'm sure your story is on here somewhere (this site is so hard
> to navigate) but you mentioned having had 2 surgeries with Dr. Gerhardt.
> How long ago was your last surgery, what all did he find and most
> importantly, how are you now?
>
> I'm not looking for guarantees ... only hope. :-)
>
> Thank you so much,
> Katie
>

e.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: