Re: question for Donna Johansen

Sun Feb 1 13:57:46 2009

Hi Wendy,

I didn't know the correct name for it. It is inserted via vagina and I believe a cut is made.yes, pretty sure I remember feeling for it. It's quite large because it holds up the bladder and surrounding area. Eventually the body grows tissue around it. I wonder if that is the scar tissue now. I have never had so much pain after a procedure. I couldn't move and needed lots of drugs!

In Feb 2008 by the time they looked I had been very sick since June 07. I was losing weight fast, couldn't keep anything down, was in a lot of pain, and weak. After two hospital stays, they had given me every test known to man and they all came up negative. I think they knew it was adhesions because of my history. Our main surgeon here doesn't believe adhesions can be solved, anyway. But, on the other hand he downplays them. They sent me home after saying there was nothing but after I received the report I couldn't believe it; they said there was so many adhesions that were attached to organs etc. and they wouldn't do anything..they sent me home. I just can't believe it but they were willing to let me die which I am sure would have happened. My GP and surgeon weren't willing to look at any literature I'd bring to them; they wouldn't put their eyes of any of it. At the time I didn't know about the couple of doctors in the US. There are none here who take care of ARD. They won't even call it ARD. Anyway by May I was so weak I couldn't get out of bed, barely to the bathroom. As I was laying there crying and realizing I was dying, it hit me that the Internet should have something on it and I made my way, hoping and praying to look it up. Finally I was validated. I found out about Germany and contacted them, then the people in North America who had been there and had success. I wish now I had been able to talk to everyone including those who didn't have success. My family mortgaged their house in order to send me but at least I am alive and able to mother my kids.

Now, I am concerned but not alarmed. I have pain, I hate to admit it but I do. I have bouts of extreme nausea; one woke me up two nights ago it was so bad. I alternate between diarrhea and constipation. I just pray it goes no further; at least I can eat although my appetite isn't great. So, slowly things are not looking good. I will get in touch with Germany and see what I should do. I can't afford to return.

Donna

_____

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of WendyEbbe3@aol.com Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 1:45 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: question for Donna Johansen

Donna,

What is bladder saddle? You had a surgery in 2008 and they didn't even remove any of the adhesions? How are you doing now?

Sincerely,

Wendy

========Original Message========

Subj:

RE: question for Donna Johansen

Date:

1/31/2009 10:23:40 P.M. Central Standard Time

To:

adhesions@mail.obgyn.net

Sent on:

Hi Katie, No problem. I think we all need to understand this better and everything helps. They used Spray-Gel on me in Germany. At 6 I had an appendectomy

In 1991 first c-section

1992 next c-section

Multiple laparoscopies over the years mainly to explore pain and treat infertility. Tubes were blocked (what I don't know perhaps adhesions?) prior to fertility treatments

1998 Exploratory full surgery to find hernia that was never found.

2000 Bladder saddle which cased a lot of pain for a long time....guess they had a hard time getting it placed.

They only took an ovary in 2001 plus a ton of adhesions. I continued to have problems and then had the hysterectomy.

I had a hysterectomy in 2002. I developed chronic bi-lateral pylonephritis (kidney infection both sides) for most of 1990's Multiple bladder infections and loss of ability to control flow much of the time prior to hysterectomy. .. Laparoscopy in 2008 and found dense adhesions involving all organs and abdominal wall. Nothing done

Germany.

Hope this helps. Donna

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Katie Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 5:39 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: question for Donna Johansen

Donna, just a couple of more questions and I promise to leave you alone. :-)

Was the adhesion barrier spray gel used on you in Germany? Have you ever had a hysterectomy? How many surgeries have you had, total? And lastly, did you have the bladder problems before the surgery in June '08?

Thanks again for your time,

Katie

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

_____

Great <http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol ?redir=http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/laptops_ great_deals?c=us%26cs%26l=en%26s=dhs%26~ck=anavml> Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: