Re: Adhesions and weight: Is there a connection?

Sun Feb 1 23:26:35 2009

before my surgery - original surgery that ultimately caused the adhesions... I had lost 1/5 of my entire body weight - was truly dead man walking, or so I was told later. and beware of generalities anyways, though they are interesting. like my gallbladder thing - couldn't 'find it' they said since I wasn't close to the 4 Fs... Fat, Female, Forties, and I've since Forgotten the last one, Forgot wasn't it. :)

their so called connections are mere generalities that appear to do more harm than good... perhaps good for that fat 41 year old female, found her gallbladder problem in a few seconds I'd imagine. But if you don't fit them.. it's going to be a while.

and funny how it's always our fault. if you're over weight and suffer from anything - see, you did it to yourself so stop complaining. ridiculous.

please don't be confused... your right in my book! because by the time they diagnose us for anything we usually are down to a pound and a half, and skinnier than a wet q-tip.

-------------------------------------------------- From: "Katie" <katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com> -------------------------------------------------- Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 12:13 AM

--
--------------------------------------------------
To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>
Subject: Adhesions and weight: Is there a connection?

> I was talking to a nurse last week at my GYN's office and she said that > they predominately see more adhesions in overweight women than they do > in thin women. If this is true, how is that most women that complain > about adhesion pain are rail thin because they can't eat??? Are they > heavier before and then lose the weight because of the > adhesions/digestive problems? > > Also, she said that sedentary lifestyles add to adhesion problems but > from what I have read on here, women give up exercising and the like > BECAUSE of all the pain from the adhesions. > > I'm so confused. > > Katie > > http://www.adhesions.org/forums/message.htm >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: