Re: Abdominal adhesions - natural solutions?

Thu Feb 5 18:09:01 2009

I tried a formula of herbs that was suppose to rid me of adhesions. They cost me over $100. They did nothing. Unless a product has been approved by FDA or been used by many others with success, I would be skeptical.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Robyn To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 8:48 AM Subject: Abdominal adhesions - natural solutions?

Hi

I've just come across this message board and wonder if anyone can help - I'm a 29 yr old woman, and was diagnosed with abdominal adhesions about 3 months ago, when I had a laparoscopy. I'd never had any previous operations so I've no idea what caused them - the doctor also said therewas some endemetriosis, but didn't think that had caused theadhesions.(They also removed a couple of ovarian cysts.) I'd been having pain in the the appendix area for over a year, so they tried to have a look at my appendix during the operation but they said there were so many adhesions that they couldn't actually find my appendix! Now I'm a bit worried the adhesions are going to make my appendix burst, or cause a bowel obstruction...but my more immediate concern is the day to day pain,which seems to spread all the way down my right leg and to the righthand side of my back - I guess because the adhesions are pulling on a nerve. I have a hospital appointment coming up to discuss the possibility of having adhesiology but am very reluctant to have this because of everything I've read about how ineffective it is (plus I generally prefer to avoid conventional medicine). I really want to treat it naturally, and wondered if anyone had any feedback on some of thethings I've come across:

- Abdotab - a natural rememedy I found online which promises a moneyback guarantee if the pills don't work. I've just started taking them,and am really hoping they'll have some effect...

- a low residue diet - I'm considering this, although it'd be difficult as I normally eat quite healthily and have lots of wholegrains/wholemealfood - although could that actually be making it worse?

- intensive massage in the affected areas - I've come across the clearpassage clinics in the US, but not much use as I live in the UK. Is ispossible to do this yourself? I like the logic of it - trying to loosen the adhesions from outside the body, but it would feel strange, as the whole area is normally really sore and I avoid touching it, so would seem strange to push and prod...

I'd be very grateful for any feedback/experience anyone's had with any of these and how effective they are, and any other solutions that don't involve an operation which seems like it makes the problem worse!

It's also really frustrating not knowing what's causing the adhesions in the first place, because whatever caused them may still be there causing more of them...I've never been in any accidents, no trauma to the stomach/surgery etc and I feel to treat something properly, surely you have to identify and eliminate whatever's causing it? Any ideas aboutwhat could cause 'spontanous' adhesions?

Thanks very much, and sorry this has turned into such a long message..

Robyn

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------  No virus found in this incoming message.
  Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
  Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.16/1929 - Release Date: 02/01/09 18:02:00

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: