Re: lung adhesions - adhesions can and do affect the lungs, they did with mine as well...

Tue Feb 17 19:12:49 2009

I had the long cut and incision to remove my gallbladder and to get a better view of the damage caused by their late diagnosis (that was' just in my head' for 8 years you see, just like the adhesions would be and the breathing problems later.)

anyways... sometimes I'd get this awful lung sensation too... For me it was like I can't get a good deep breath, only little short breaths - that soon sent me into a panic and another er visit.

I Never had THAT problem before the surgery, no lung or breathing issues (or this pain issue) until AFTER the gallbladder surgery. Yet no doctor will even let me get through my full explanation. They'd hear only "can't breath" and "panic" then stop listening, diagnose it and me as panic disorder and that was that. Though truly I wasn't hyperventilating because I was panicking.... I was having difficulty getting a deep breath which Then caused panic. Big difference. If I were shot in the leg and then panicked, would that still be panic disorder?

I was also told it was Impossible to feel one lung fill up with air and not the other - adding to their crazy diagnosis since I said it felt as if my Right lung was the one not fully expanding . But again, like everything before and since, only in my head.

I went to 10's of different doctors, because when you need air you tend to need it immediately. Then one day this physician stuffed a camera down my throat to look into the upper right gastric area or something - and when he was viewing to the right, the entire mechanism-thing twisted up and around. And was then that I heard him say "Oh". - not eureka! or, I'm so sorry there IS something. no. it was simply Oh.

On my right side, where they did that operation years before, where I was saying for over a year I couldn't expand that right lung at times etc etc .... there was something blocking or sticking to the right lung and right side of the diaphragm - and it was keeping my right lung from expanding normally. shocking so I asked for a picture and was told they wasn't one, and I should be lucky he even noticed it at all.

so yes. adhesions definitely can and do affect the lungs, it all depends on where the incisions and pulling and cuts were done. and I'm sure it's much more often than people realize.

But There Was a solution - when they all thought I suffered from a panic disorder, they prescribed me Ativan. and despite themselves, it worked. Not Valium, nor any of the 20 other meds they kept trying to replace the Ativan with. ONLY the Ativan would ever work during an episode, and I now take it daily to avoid having them in the first place. So please - if anyone is having the same or similar feelings.. can't get a full breath, and after many tests you've gotten the "just in your head" diagnosis - which just means they haven't a clue... discuss Ativan 2mg with your doctor. 1mg never worked, only 2mg let me breath. O2 Masks didn't get to the heart of the issue, it was the lung having the room to expand... and for whatever reason, Ativan somehow makes this blockage more pliable or ? that I no longer suffer from these breathing issues again.

and if I didn't describe what it was like well enough to understand.. try this test. Take only tiny baby breaths for a full minute... and no large deep breaths... and see how that is before you say forget that! and take a deep breath, and then imagine if you couldn't get one. WAs a nightmare and another part of the adhesion story.

- Jack Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:18 PM To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Subject: lung adhesions

> um im katie i had a spine surgery for scoliosis july of 2008. my
> doctor told me i might be having lung adhesions so they are real but
> unheard of without surgery i think, i Want and Oxygen Mask, i want one
> and need one, i get like attacks hurting both my lungs, I'm 13 and my
> scoliosis degree was 72 and i weigh 115 pounds, and i am normal and
> all, i had anterior and posterior, they put rods in screws on my spine
> and deflated my lung and I'm tired of everyone telling me its nothing
> because whenever i can't barley breathe i hesitate to call 911, and
> I've had them for a few months and my doctor doesn't do anything.
>
> At Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Michelle wrote:
>>
>>No problem at all. We're all just out here searching for answers.
>>Thanks-Michelle
>>
>>At Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Lee Hope wrote:
>>>
>>>Michelle: i keep asking people if you can get adhesions on your lungs
>>>and in your thoracic cavity! I have been short of breath for the past
>>>few mos and the drs dont seem to find much but mild obstruction on any
>>>tests altho most recently one did find some inflamation. I was thinking
>>>that perhaps it was from the abdominal adhesions attaching from my ab to
>>>my lungs/ diaphragm and somehow making me irritatated (i pray not). Can
>>>that happen? I believe if it's scarring of the lung they call it
>>>fibrosis. But fibrosis shows on an x ray. If it's adhesions it