Re: Dr disappointing me

Wed Feb 18 16:45:39 2009

Alta,

What did the masses turn out to be? Was it adhesions?

--
Katie

At Wed, 18 Feb 2009, Alta Costew wrote: > >I have been through this so I will speak up.  After going through all the injections (8) because the pain doctor had his own agenda and almost having a nerve stimulator inplanted, I left pain management.  I knew something was wrong was wrong with me but he wouldn't listen.  I went back to my family doc and he recommended another pain clinic so I consulted with them.  They wanted to do the exact same thing as the other pain doc.  I wanted none of it.  I went back to my family doc and had a good talk with him.  He respected my view (plus I came prepared with some of the posts from here) and treated me.  A month in I ended up going to the ER only to find I had two masses, one the size of an orange. > >My point is listen to your body and rationally talk to a doctor you trust.  Come up with a plan that both of you can work with.  It might help to keep a pain diary.  I know this part is hard but you may have to be in some pain.  There are to many people out there trying to get pain meds, it screws it up for us. > >Good Luck >Alta

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: