Re: Physician referrals

Thu Feb 19 21:55:55 2009

At Thu, 19 Feb 2009, D. Tigoudar wrote: >
>DONT DO IT KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'M SO SICK OF SEEING ALL THESE WOMEN SUFFER LIKE THIS AS MY GIRLFRIEND HAD IT DONE WITH REDAN A FEW YRS AGO.
>

>
>--- On Thu, 2/19/09, Katie <katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>From: Katie <katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Physician referrals
>To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>
>Date: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 10:19 PM
>
>I've met with Dr. Jay Redan twice in Orlando at Celebrations Hospital
>and he's very compassionate. I have not yet had surgery for my endo or
>adhesions but I have a tentative date with him in March.
>
>Check the archives on here. There are literally TONS of threads where
>he has been nmentioned and there are several of his patients on here
>that have undergone surgery with him. He comes highly recommended.
>
>There are at least 2 women on here that claim to be a thousand percent
>better since having surgery with him.
>
>--
>Katie

Good luck Katie. I hope this works out for you. I assume you will have to travel some distance for this appointment.

I'm reluctant yet to go to that extreme- it would mean having to travel (I live near Mpls.- St. Paul, MN.) I am also employed full-time and would need to have paperwork in advance to approve sick leave from work. And since I've never been 'officially' diagnosed by the medical system, just physical therapists, am uncertain as to just what kind of a mess I have inside of me and whether I would actually be considered an appropriate candidate- one they'd want to consider treating,and maybe I would promptly be sent back home. I have read that some people's issues are too severe to attempt to treat but have no idea where I would stand. And I'd need to have some idea if they would code any treatments in such a way that insurance would cover a reasonable portion of it, especially since I'd have to pay for air transportation and maybe even a room elsewhere before I'd be fit to fly home.

Also, this CAPPS clinic is still fairly new, and I wonder if they are still somewhat in the 'breaking-in' stage- and perhaps as time goes by they will gain more knowledge, experience and expertise. As someone else just posted here, he has apparently heard of some not-so-successful stories from Florida. Not that I've gone way back in the archives, but from what I've read, including Karen Steward's excellent book on adhesions, 'Doctors: Bound by Secrecy, Patients: Bound by Pain' the place that sounds the most promising for some reason to me is Germany- although obviously that is not very practical for most of us. If I could afford it, I also would enjoy the idea that I'm bypassing the lousy American medical system and spending my money in another country!

I don't know if you've read any posts regarding supplements and enzymatic therapy. If I were to have any kind of surgery, from what I've read recently, I would be sure to have lots of tomato juice in the refrigerator, lycopene capsules, and maybe Neprinol or at least Serrapeptase and Nattokinase on hand. As long as I wasn't in the hospital too long, because normally they won't even allow you to even bring your own aspirin so the enzyme/supplements could not be taken until after hospital release.

Keep us posted- I would love a success story!

--
jetstamp

>Thu, 19 Feb 2009, jetstamp wrote: >> >>I noticed on the site's homepage that it says somewhere that although a >>physician referral list would not be published, patients can email David >>Wiseman to possibly get names of physicians who have demonstrated skill >>and compassion in treating ARDS. Has anyone done this and gotten any >>kind of reply? > >htm >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: