Re: Let's talk about symptoms!

Fri Feb 20 20:06:21 2009

Kelly, I too have blockages. Most of the time I can go up to 3 weeks or more before having a bowel movement. Needless to say, that explains why I have so much nausea and vomiting. And for the most part, I go up to 3 or more days at a time without eating. And when I do try, other than a teaspoon, maybe a tablespoon, it usually comes back up. My question to my surgeon was "how long do I have to go without having a bowel movement before you consider it to be a blockage?" To this day, no doctor has ever answered that question. They know I am full of adhesions, (28 abdominal surgeries to date) and now they tell me the only way they will operate again is if I have a blockage. Well, if 3 weeks is not a blockage, then I have no clue what is! And what is so bad about it, I am very knowledgeable in medical /prescription areas. It is unbelievable what some doctor's will say in order to rid of a patient that they can't figure out or can't help or have no clue on how to treat. I am sorry, but to me, if they are a surgeon, then this is something they "ALL" should be able to deal with. They cause them every time they do surgery! (Venting for a moment, sorry). The worst part is they know about my blockages, but the doctor says that he wants it to be a "Life or Death" situation before he will do anything. Well, to me, going 3 weeks in that kind of pain is "DEATH" every day for the most part. When gas passes, that is the only relief for a blockage, when a doctor won't do anything at all. I have 4 kinks in my bowel from the adhesions (that I know of). Good luck to all of us and hopefully we will find help soon.

Sincerely, Debbie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: