Re: Let's talk about symptoms!

Sat Feb 21 20:46:09 2009

I had the surgery with Dr Redan, I did not go to Germany. I think Dr Redan is doing trials with the gel like they do in Germany. Sorry about the misunderstanding!

Tammie

--- On Sat, 2/21/09, James PLUMB <omureprum@yahoo.ca> wrote:

From: James PLUMB <omureprum@yahoo.ca> Subject: Re: Let's talk about symptoms! To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 10:15 PM

HI YOU SAID THAT YOU HAD SURGERY DONE BY DR.REDAN AND ONE IN GERMANY, WHY WAS THAT, DID THE SURGERY NOT WORK OUT, THANKS, LOU.

From: Kelly Murray <klmurray_61@msn.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 1:02:39 AM Subject: Re: Let's talk about symptoms!

I was very lucky with the SSD.  I only applied once and one day about 6 months later, I received a check in the mail.  I don't get much as I worked for the Post Office for a few years and they didn't hold out SS and then the other jobs I had were paid by cash. I used to go to work feeling so bad that I couldn't concentrate and ended up quitting rather then call in sick. Luckily, I think the meds that I am on do let me do some things like I go to Jazzercise.  I like to work in the yard but I can't do a lot of the hard work out there anymore. I do get sick of the constant pain and feeling sick but I have three children, 2 in college and one in the Army and one sweet granddaughter that keep me going.  I watch my granddaughter and I think it is good for me even though some days are hard.  I think God gave me her.  If I didn't have her, I would be in bed a lot. We are blessed that we have support on here because some times our families don't want to talk about it. I had surgeries in Germany and with Dr. Redan. I remember one time when I had a great Pain Doctor.  I had an appt to get a procedure to see if it would help me.  He asked if a intern could watch.  I said it was fine.  The doctor left the room and the intern started asking me about my pain and all.  I told him I had adhesion pain and then he asked me if I had been sexually abused as a child!!  I had just been given an IV to relax me and I just started crying because it was like he thought I had pain because of that.  The doctor came back into the room and asked me what was wrong.  I told him and he proceeded to chew that intern out in front of me. Also, one time before I got diagnosed, I was searching for a doctor to find out what was wrong with me.  I went to my step-mom's doctor and I started explaining my symptom's.  After about two minutes of me trying to tell him the symptom's, he interrupted me and asked me what drugs was I there for.  I said, "What do you mean?"  He said, "Well, that is all you are here for isn't it to get some drugs?"  My mouth flew open and I said, "NO!"  I am trying to get help."  He said, "I thought I would ask."  I never went back to him again.

>----- Original Message -----
From: WendyEbbe3@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 10:32 PM Subject: Re: Let's talk about symptoms!

Kelly and Debbie, The Bee Gee brother died from a bowel obstruction? No one should ever have to apologize for venting how they feel. I know that I'm almost to the point where I don't want to live any more if this is as good as it gets. I'm only hanging on waiting to get an appointment to see a Social Security Judge and then find a Surgeon in Minnesota that has the skills and knowledgeable on adhesions. Hoping that there is a Surgeon out there that can give me my life back.  I've already lost a good job at Andersen Windows and I have two girls, one is in college and the other a Senior in High School.  I can't make ends meet on disability. I'm so lucky my parents own the house I live in. I'm so lucky I still have them. My Mom takes me to most of my appointments. I always dream of winning the lottery or just coming into a lot of money so I could start, dang it I have a hard time remember things.  I lost a lot of my mind while I was on Lyrica. I would like to set up some funding for research to find a cure. Maybe even to help out people who can't afford all the tests they put you through or even surgery. Maybe even educate these Dr's. that don't believe they cause pain. I'll keep dreaming and in the mean time, Take Care All! Wendy Ebbe ========Original Message========

Subj: Re: Let's talk about symptoms!

Date: 2/20/2009 10:23:27 P.M. Central Standard Time

To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net

Sent on:   

I know what you mean.  How do we know if it is a life or death situation.  Remember the BeeGee brother died from a blockage and it seems like someone else that was famous did. Some times I think maybe I better go and get it checked out but do not want to go and it ends up passing. I am not in awe of any dr. anymore.  I realize they don't sit higher then we do.

>----- Original Message -----
From: BBLDEB@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 8:07 PM Subject: Re: Let's talk about symptoms!

Kelly,     I too have blockages.  Most of the time I can go up to 3 weeks or more before having a bowel movement.  Needless to say, that explains why I have so much nausea and vomiting.  And for the most part, I go up to 3 or more days at a time without eating.  And when I do try, other than a teaspoon, maybe a tablespoon, it usually comes back up.  My question to my surgeon was "how long do I have to go without having a bowel movement before you consider it to be a blockage?"  To this day, no doctor has ever answered that question.  They know I am full of adhesions, (28 abdominal surgeries to date) and now they tell me the only way they will operate again is if I have a blockage.  Well, if 3 weeks is not a blockage, then I have no clue what is!  And what is so bad about it, I am very knowledgeable in medical /prescription areas.     It is unbelievable what some doctor's will say in order to rid of a patient that they can't figure out or can't help or have no clue on how to treat.  I am sorry, but to me, if they are a surgeon, then this is something they "ALL" should be able to deal with.  They cause them every time they do surgery!  (Venting for a moment, sorry).     The worst part is they know about my blockages, but the doctor says that he wants it to be a "Life or Death" situation before he will do anything.  Well, to me, going 3 weeks in that kind of pain is "DEATH" every day for the most part.  When gas passes, that is the only relief for a blockage, when a doctor won't do anything at all.  I have 4 kinks in my bowel from the adhesions (that I know of).     Good luck to all of us and hopefully we will find help soon.   Sincerely, Debbie

Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: