Re: Surgery--Would you do it again? (POLL)

Mon Feb 23 07:00:47 2009

Every Dr that I talked to refuses to even consider doing surgery to remove the adhesions, even though they have caused 4 partial bowel obstructions in less then 18 months. They refuse to do any surgery inless there is a complete obstruction. Is this the norm? Also I'm wondering those that have had obstructions, have they been visible on regular Xrays? All 4 obstructions I've had did not show up on a regular Xray but were visible on CAT....I'm just wondering if others have had this happen as well. I had another trip to the ER yesterday ....throwing up, terrible pain and my tummy so bloated you would have thought I was pregnant! This time they only did a regular Xray and since it didn't show a obstruction sent me on my way even though I explained I've never had an obstruction show up on an Xray...

--- On Sun, 2/22/09, Kim <kkajark@aol.com> wrote: From: Kim <kkajark@aol.com> Subject: Re: Surgery--Would you do it again? (POLL) To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 11:22 PM

The odd thing is I am going to have surgery for the 10th time an am so looking forward to it because I to agree that a even a little relief is better than non.

At Mon, 23 Feb 2009, carynlruzich@comcast.net wrote: >
>Yes!  Even short lived relief is worth it to me.
>
>Caryn R
>

>>>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Katie" <katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com>
>To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS"
<adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> >Sent: Friday, February 6, 2009 10:43:09 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
>Subject: Surgery--Would you do it again? (POLL)
>
>For those that have had surgery strictly for removing the adhesions ...
>would you do it again?
>
>Your answers will not influence the fact that I am about to have surgery
>for mine.  I'm just curious.
>
>Thanks,
>Katie
>
>tm
>htm

htm

Enter keywords: