Supplements

Sat Feb 28 17:16:42 2009

In some of my posts, I have discussed supplements I have tried. I have seen a few posts by others who have used other things or were thinking of trying other things (like the AbdoTab which I suspect is a scam).

I am currently taking a bunch of supplements. Some of them have some the same ingredients but according to the information they give there apparently is no danger of overdoing it. I am currently pretty heavy on the lycopene which, according to the Dr. Andrew Weil site, is still largely experimental as far as being any help with adhesions. Also, Nattokinase is an ingredient in more than one of the supplements I am taking.

My current supplements are Neprinol (currently on 7th month) Resveratrol (months) Calcium with D, and most recently ( one week) one called Endovan which is meant for adhesions from endo but I would assume that the source of the adhesions wouldn't matter. (Although I wouldn't be surprised if there was/has been endo going on, it just isn't the main cause in my case.) Before I started the Neprinol last year, I was taking Serrapeptase alone but discontinued it once I began the Neprinol.

I would like feedback on:

1. Do any of you take supplements specifically for the purpose of dissolving adhesions? (This would exclude things that just aid the symptoms you have because of them- like GI or urinary ones) Did you try any in the past for an extensive period of time and then discontinue them?

2. For those who have had surgery for adhesions (I SHOULD GET SO LUCKY!)- was there any discussion as to how to attempt to prevent their return? I wouldn't expect allopathic docs to know about supplements- that's not their area. But what about extra fluids, exercise, etc.?

In the past, when I have had surgery for other things, I was always afraid of moving around too much, too soon. But on the other hand, I have heard that if you move around as much as possible, as SOON as possible then this is also best because if adhesions return it is usually in the first week or so that they begin to re-form.

To me, it sounds like a Catch-22. You need to take it easy and concentrate on healing for the first week or two to avoid possible damage. But then, on the other hand, it sounds like if you do that, and don't start moving around sooner than that, you are inviting new adhesions!

Just curious in case I ever have surgery for anything again- be it adhesiolysis or something else.

Thanks!

Joan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: