Re: Barrier Business Opportunities

Sat Feb 28 23:12:24 2009

At Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Mark in Seattle wrote: >
>Here's a link to a marketing report about adhesion barriers. Apparently
>it's going to be big business, soon. Maybe that's good. But the report
>also highlights some of the product failures. That's interesting to me.
>
>http://boston.bizjournals.com/boston/prnewswire/press_releases/national/Massachusetts/2009/02/02/NE64898
>
>I know we live in a free market and that can be beneficial, but this
>report makes our suffering sound a mere business opportunity. Sheesh. I
>guess it's useful to know how the real world works.
>
>Yours,
>
>--
>Mark in Seattle

Mark,

Maybe another way to go about getting us relief is to find out what exactly it is that adhesions are made of or why they are created in the first place, as you alluded to in another post. Is only all about fibrin and plasmin or is there more to it?

Whenever I use the cleaning product Goo-Gone to remove sticky stuff on counters and stuff at work, or spray WD-40 to loosen something on the car or whatever, I always wonder why they couldn't come up with a product that does the same thing for adhesions. Maybe they should start with products like these and try to make them fit for human consumption?!! (No, I'm seriously not trying to be funny here- just making an analogy)

If they want to work on adhesion barrier products that is definitely good. But I also think they should consider the possibility of even a totally non-surgical way to address them, with something administered by mouth or even direct injection into the problem areas- like they do with Botox for tight muscles, for example.

Joan

>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: