Re: Colonoscopy on Friday!!!

Tue Mar 3 14:13:15 2009

Hi Tracy, I have had 2 Colonoscopies, and many other tests. The worst part is drinking the Fleet stuff, and boy when it hits, WATCH OUT you will be running for the bathroom! The best part of the procedure is when they knock you out. When you come to, you really have no idea what has been done. I did have some pain and problems after my first one, and he did call in pain meds. That was when he had found adhesions, and tried to pull a couple of them loose thinking it was a suiture that had not disolved from my sigmoid resection surgery. The funniest part is when I got home, and my husband put me to bed, the bathroom doorknob kept melting down the wall. It was hillarious! The doctor tries to explain what he has seen and shows pics after the procedure, the hardest part is that it is pretty hard to follow because you are still medicated from procedure. Everyone reacts differently. I usually make sure I have good and soft toilet paper, baby wipes in case if I am raw from going way too much, and a sitz bath is very helpful. I have also used desitin for babies, doesn't smell the greatest, but is soothing. make sure you let them know how you react to IV pain meds, and low blood pressure, even remind them right before they put you under. I have done that with my last procedure because it was worrysome and on my mind, and needed reassurance with a problem I was having. I wanted to make sure I was heard and understood! It is ok to ask questions, it is your body plus you have never had this done before. Good luck Hang in there, make sure you get something really good to eat after procedure, go home and sleep. Let us know how you did. Cheryl D.

Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 08:59:28 -0600 From: joecrisjon123@yahoo.com To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net Subject: Colonoscopy on Friday!!!

I will be having my very first colonoscopy this Friday...I'm scared to death about this procedure!! Can anyone who has gone through it share their experience? I know that they use something to make it so your kind of out of it ....but I'm not sure if it's a sedative or a pain med...Do they use both??? I'm curious about the pain med since I tend to get very low blood pressure when they put me on IV pain meds....just wondering if I should expect a delay in getting discharged if pain meds are used!!!

Tracy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: