Re: Has it ever turned out NOT to be adhesions?

Tue Mar 3 20:01:09 2009

I've had two umbilical hernias, plus a third hernia found when Dr. Redan operated on me for adhesions. He removed my navel because there was adhesions wrapped around it.

I didn't know the pain was due to massive adhesions until I had my gallbladder removed in 1996 which was several years after my total hysterectomy and tram flap surgery. The general surgeon wrote on his operative report that he couldn't perform laparascopic surgery because of the massive adhesions in my intestines.

Does anyone know the statistics of successful adhesion surgeries by any of the doctor(s) performing them? If not, where could one locate these figures? I'm ready to go through another surgery IF the sprayshield will keep the adhesions from returning. I'm suffering so bad that I don't know how much longer I will be able to endure the pain. This is not living....this is merely existing.

--
Linda

> ----- Original Message ----- From: Marlene Wheeler To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 7:13 PM Subject: RE: Has it ever turned out NOT to be adhesions?

I've pretty much always had adhesions, but a couple times with another problem ie stricture in bowel, partial obstructions, Bowel trying to atrophy(due to adhesions). Hx of Crohns disease, thus bowel resections x 2. Luckily at my last surgery , almost 3 years ago, the crohns had not come back, it was just adhesions. Are you going to have surgery? Marlene

> Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 07:28:47 -0600 > From: katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com > To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net > Subject: Has it ever turned out NOT to be adhesions? > > Have any of you had surgery for the pain only to find out that it wasn't > adhesions after all? Was it things that were easier to fix or scarier > stuff? > > Thanks, > Katie >

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for = -------------------------------------------------------------------------Hotmail®. See how.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.7/1982 - Release Date: 03/03/09 16:09:00

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: