Re: Barium Sulfate and adhesions. A link?

Fri Mar 6 12:53:33 2009

I know what you mean! I had the barium test two months before going to Germany. As I was completely constipated it never did come out and Dr. K told me the barium mix (ugg!) would not remain in the bowels this long, it would be absorbed by the body! Now I wonder how that affected me.....What gets me is that the test was completely normal!! How can it be normal when it doesn't pass through the colon?

Donna J

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Kris Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:40 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Barium Sulfate and adhesions. A link?

At Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Katie wrote: >Seriously, drinking that stuff was the worst test i've ever been
through! No one told me that it causes constipation. Well, in someone who is already blocked up from adhesions, it's a nightmare. I didn't go to the bathroom for nine days! Of course, i ended up in the ER. 3 enemas later, nothing happened. They sent me home with more meds to have a bowle movement. I spent 3 days on the couch, feeling like I was in labor the whole time. My family was off, enjoying the annual fall renaissance festival and I was home, miserable. It was awful!! >I had a study done last week and had to drink 2 bottles of the
"chalk" >stuff. Anyhow, I spent a couple of days researching that junk
and >actually found a couple of sites that stated that it could

possibly >"cause" adhesions or in some cases, make them worse.
>
>If there is any truth to that, a bunch of us (myself included),
are in >BIG trouble. I can't even count the number of studies I have had
done >in the last 5 years and all because I was trying to find out why
I am >hurting so much.
>
>And of course all the studies were "normal" because I have

adhesions. >Now the question is ... do I have MORE adhesions because of the
liquid >concrete I was forced to drink????
>
>--
>Katie
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: