Re: please help!

Mon Mar 9 13:34:14 2009

Hi Vicki, I'm sorry to hear about how much pain that you are in. I also deal with flank pain. It wraps around from the front under my ribs to the back flank area under the ribs, and into the kidney area all on my left side. My adhesion pain has always been on my left side, and in the middle of my abdomen. Once in a great while I will have pain on the right side. It is no fun. It is a comfort to know that others deal with the same type of pain, then I don't feel like it's all in my head, and others understand my pain. I always write a list for when I go in to the doctor, and usually my husband goes with me. For some reason every time I see my doctor he feels the need to press on me. I know they need to feel the abdomen to see if there are any changes, but I hate it. The pain increases, and I am usually down for the rest of the day. I do need to find another GP. I am afraid if I do, my pain meds may be taken away by a new doctor. I take 20 mg. of Methadone A.M. and P.M. I also take percocet 5/325 mg. I feel as if the percocet doesn't do much anymore. I was on Morpheine, but weaned myself off, didn't care for the side effects. As far as I understand, the testing that we all have had does not show adhesions. When my Gastro said that I have adhesions, he said it is all it can be, we have tested for everything else. He was right. It does help when I lay down too, plus I use my heating pad, and prop pillows al around me. I also have a little pillow that I use all of the time, and even take in the car with me. It fells like it is holding everything in place, and is a comfort. Good luck with your appointment. Take care of yourself and Rest! Cheryl D.

> Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 09:54:21 -0500
> From: nailbox@netzero.net
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: please help!
>
> I have been in pain for 5 months. It's ok in the morning when I get out
> of bed, but when the day goes on, as I sit too long or bend too much the
> aggravating pain returns in my "kidney" area and around to my lower left
> side. It can get VERY bad by the end of the day, but if I lay down it
> gets better.. I have had a CT scan, xrays, urine tests, blood tests,
> and colonoscopy. I have been to 3 Dr's, and the emergency room 3 times
> for the same left flank pain that wraps around to the lower left side.
> They say It's probably adhesions but the ct scan and xrays don't support
> that. HELP!!! Can a ct scan miss this? I can relate to so many of the
> emails on this forum. Can anyone help me? I have a dr's apt tuesday
> 3/10 with a surgeon. any advice? Thanks Vicki
>

e.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: