Re: The pain med issue

Wed Mar 11 21:17:24 2009

At Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Geri wrote: >You're right, Geri. it is extremetly wearing. My goal is to help everyone find the strength to realize that we deserve to be taken care of, too.I'm in no way trying to judge anyone. I just knowthat we deserve to be treated fairly for what we hae to cope with without judgement. Unfortunately, we have to work harder than most of those suffering with an easily diagnosed condition that doctors can address in 10 minutes with a simple rx. We have to work alot harder to substantiate what we're dealing with and what we've already tried. i know there is help out there and i just want all my fellow sufferers to keeppushing for the relief they need and deserve! I'll do anything that
I can to help others with referals, etc. I hope you're having a pain tolerant day.Please feel free to email me any time!

--
Kris

>Well said Kris... You are so right..... But for some of Us the looking where's you Out... >I just wish every doctor in training had to walk in our shoes for a few weeks... and realize this can't be willed away..... >obgyn.net> >Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:34:56 PM >Subject: The pain med issue > >I just have to vent on this whole issue.  I see so many of us in pain, >being judged by the medical community, not getting the medication we >need, and it drives me nuts! I've been there myself during ER and doctor >visits, until I ended up at the wonderful pain management clinic that >I'm currently at.  Here's my point.  Does the medical community expect >diabetics to suddenly produce their own insulin to regulate their >system? Do they expect those with high blood pressure and/or high >cholesterol to immediately be able to reduce those factors? Do they >expect cancer patients to eliminate their condition without chemotherapy >or radiation? Severely depressed people to go without the medication >they need to help them cope? We see ads on TV for these conditions all >the time! My point is why do they expect those of us who live in chronic >pain to just tough it out and deal with it?? It isn't realistic, much >less fair to expect that we can.  There really are pain management >clinics and doctors who understand our issues.  I just beg each of you >to not accept that this needs to be a way of life without help.  I know >first hand the suffering that we all go through.  I beg each of you to >reach out to your doctor and if she/he isn't the one to help, please >keep looking! We don't choose this condition that hurts us so much any >more than other sufferers of the conditions that I used as examples.  I >care about all of you and I hate to see anyone suffering so much! We >really shouldn't have to.  There is just such a stigma attached to using >pain meds.  They are there for a reason if used appropriately.  If you >feel you can, please search in your communities for a good pain >management clinic.  The right ones really get it and can help.  OK.  I've >said my piece and my opinion.  I just feel so bad that everyone hurts so >much.  The pain meds don't make it go away, but they do help take the >edge off and improve quality of life!! We have that right, don't we?? >Why do we have to be considered differently than others with life >altering conditions just because it takes pain meds to help us be >better? I'm done with my venting! I just want all of us to have the >relief we deserve.  Let me know if I can help in anyway! Take care, >everyone! > >Kris > >te sites. Download it now at >http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: