Re: can a ct scan miss adhesions?

Thu Mar 12 19:14:13 2009

Adhesions don't show on any of these tests. Someone on this site said the UK and Germany have a Cine MRI that shows adhesions. The U.S. is the most advanced country in the world but we don't have the Cine MRI to detect adhesions which is causing millions of people to live in pain. Unless doctors can see adhesions, they'll dismiss our complaints of pain and say the problem is all in our head. Unless you're going to an experienced general surgeon who has performed many surgeries to remove adhesions, I wouldn't want to go through major surgery. I'm waiting until there's some FDA approved adhesion barrier available before I go through another surgery. I don't want to go through another surgery just to have the monsters return.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Vicki To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:44 PM Subject: can a ct scan miss adhesions?

Hi I am new to this but have been in pain for 5 months. I have had a ct scan, xrays, urine tests, blood tests, and colonoscopy. I have been to 3 Dr's, and the emergency room 3 times for the same left flank pain that wraps around to the lower left side. They say It's probably adhesions but the ct scan and xrays don't show that. HELP!!! Can a ct scan miss this? I can relate to so many of the emails on this forum. Can anyone help me? I have a dr's apt tuesday with a surgeon. any advice? Thanks Vicki

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------  No virus found in this incoming message.
  Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
  Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.11/1997 - Release Date: 03/12/09 10:38:00

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: