no subject received Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:14:31 -0500

Thu Mar 12 19:14:34 2009

vicki, adhesions can cause problems many years after surgery.

iam 21 and had surgery on my bowel as a baby, i had no problems until i was 18 and i ended up in hospital with a bowel obstruction...since then i have been in pain 24/7 and am on morphine to try and control it..iv seen 12 surgeons and they all agree its the adhesions causing the pain but they dont want to operate as the risk is to high and also i could and more than likely would end up in this state again...its rubbish but i guess im lucky my surgeon recognised that it was adhesions straight away...id never even heard of them lol.

hope this helps rach xxx

Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:55:41 -0500 From: lindahalford@comcast.net To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net Subject: Re: adhesions saved my life, but what a mess, looking for a doc

Hi Katie,

Unless Dr. Redan is using an adhesion barrier, adhesions could reform. He did two laparoscopic lysis of my adhesions but my adhesins reformed. The sprayshield wasn't available for use at the time. Dr. Redan is a very skilled general surgeon and probably one of the top doctor's for removing adhesions. He wrote an article on his website stating there's no evidence that laparoscopic surgery keeps adhesions from returning any more than if one has open surgery.

Dr. Redan informed me it sometimes takes several surgeries to get rid of adhesions. He is one of only a few qualified general surgeons who will take a risk to try to help people with painful adhesions. He worked with and was trained by Dr. Reich who is the pioneer of laparoscopic surgery. Dr. Reich has written several articles on the subject on laparoscopic surgery.

You may want to consider storing your own blood for the surgery. I did and Dr. Redan used it. One never knows whether they'll need blood during or after surgery. Also, you may want to ask him to provide you with a copy of the video of the surgery. He gave me a copy of my surgery.

Good luck and keep in touch. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Linda, Jacksonville, FL

>----- Original Message -----
From: Katie To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:22 PM Subject: Re: adhesions saved my life, but what a mess, looking for a doc

You can contact Jay Redan at Celebrations Hospital in Florida. I have not had surgery with him but I have met him twice and he's very caring. I found him through researching this site and many, many of his patients have emailed me to say that his skills for lysis of adhesions are far above most other surgeons. I have been told that he was trained by a physician in PA that is also highly regarded for his skills for dealing with ARD. I am going to Dr. Redan for surgery as soon as I can get well enough to travel.

>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>ReplyTo: adhesions@adhesions.org
>Subject: adhesions saved my life, but what a mess, looking for a doc
>Sent: Mar 12, 2009 4:34 PM
>
>Iwas 28 years old with bad periods. My doc had previously removed a
>tubal pregnancy and noted the "thick, dense adhesions." A year later,
>lysis of adhesions was suggested for treating my period pain. I was
>told the outcome would be good. Well, the doc removed some adhesions,
>but severed my colon in half, not to mention my small intestines, then
>closed me up, not noticing the errors(he operated by himself, no
>assistant). Thirteen days went by. unbearable pain, doctor told me I
>was being a "baby", surgey should hurt! well, being carried into the
>e.r., A HUGE abcess was found. I had been living with peritonitis for
>two weeks. Adhesions grew around abcess, doing its best to contain it
>in my abdomen, without it entering the blood stream. I should have
>died, no question. Well, its 8 years later, and my pelvic region is a
>complete mess. Uterus attached to rectum, ovaries to bladder. No bowel
>function during my period, hospitalized for 7 days each month. I can go
>on and on, like many of you. I am looking for a skilled doc who you
>would trust with your life. I live in pa, but am open to any
>suggestions out there to try and put things back to where they should
>be. I expect an ostomy, there is to much damage to my bowel, to many
>bowel obstructions, surgeries, etc. ANYONE OUT THERE, PLEASE PLEASE
>GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON THESE DOCS. I want to make the most infomed
>decision I can, and all of you know the pain and destruction these
>adhesions make. thanks for listening.
>
>Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

htm

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.11/1997 - Release Date: 03/12/09 10:38:00

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: