Re: thanks everyone, found a surgeon

Sun Mar 15 11:37:20 2009

Kelly, I had a HIDA scan 13 years ago because of terrible pain in the GB and shoulder area and it showed no stones, just a function of less than 30%. I had it removed and the pain subsided, yes, but I believe that surgery led to the adhesion problems and bouts of pancreatitis that I am suffering from now. I won't know though until I have surgery later this month.

--
Katie

At Sun, 15 Mar 2009, krjmarketing@yahoo.com wrote:

Michelle, no one outside of our world can imagine what it's like to be in so much pain and on top of it struggle to go the bathroom. I can tell you that dulcolax is the stronger of the over the counter laxatives and that enemas have worked for me..even after surgery and no BM for over 5 days.

>Another thought, I recommend to everyone who has serious constipation to check into whether your gallbladder is functioning properly. I had issues with mine well before the pain on the upper right side took over all else. My chiro believes that with all the issues going on it likely made the gallbladder stop functioning properly. Something did..no stones...just a lazy gallbladder. Only a HIDA test will tell you this. Removing the gallbladder made a huge difference even with hernias and looped and stuck up bowel. I just wish I knew about this before living with it for so long. > >Good luck with surgery and make sure to take laxatives immediately when you get home to avoid constip. The pain meds and the surgery will slow it down or make it harder to "wake" up. > >My heart goes out to all. >Kelly

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: