Re: Adhesion Barriers Survey

Wed Mar 18 16:20:28 2009

Hi Lou, I am not sure if you were referring to me (donna j) but I'll reply anyway. I had surgery last June in Germany. SprayGel was used and although I have some problems they are nothing like before and I'm not sure they are adhesion related as I have other issues such as severe arthritis, back problems, diabetes and who knows what else! The second look one week after my main surgery showed no regrowth of adhesions. I would call it a success as I am alive! Not sure I would have been without the trip to Germany and Dr. K.

Donna J

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Lou Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 9:07 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Adhesion Barriers Survey

Hi All, It would also be of interest after surgery, did you or did you not have adhesion barrier. Donna, you said that you had another sheet of film put in to stop adhesions, do you know the name of this adhesion barrier and the company. By reading about barriers,it appears that some work better than others in stopping adhesions returning.This appears to be the answer, barriers, so like Donna would you mind telling us, your last surgery, yes or no to having abd barrier also how did it work out. It would be of great help to all of us to be armed with the facts and to make an informed decision. I had surgery in 07 with NO adhesion barrier, thay were back after 5 days. JUST INFO A corp in Montreal and Florida called HAEMACURE hs a fibrin sealand which has been tested on 151 people that stops adhesions and proved to be safe. And maybe was going on the US and Canadian market within the next two years but just our luck it looks like its up for sale!!!!! LOU

--
LOU

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: