Re: feeling hopeless......

Thu Mar 19 09:38:19 2009

There's a test for endo????

What test?

--
Katie

At Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Linda wrote: > >Endometriosis cannot be detected by a Pap Smear. I learned this the hard way! My body told me I was going through the change (all the signs were there). The male GYN I was going to said my pap was fine and I wasn't going through the change. I found a good, Christian female doctor who IMMEDIATELY said she believed from all the symptoms that I may have Endometriosis which is the first signs of cancer. She said she wanted to do a test for it because Pap Smears don't detect Endo. She did the test on my first visit to her and said it showed I had Endo. The male GYN had me on hormones which she told me to stop taking immediately as it would make the Endo grow faster. She said I needed a hysterectomy ASAP. After the surgery, I felt so much better. I never went back to that male GYN...he didn't even bother to check me further nor did he tell me Pap Smears don't show Endo. If you must have a hysterectomy and you don't plan to have anymore children, you may want to have a total one so you won't have to worry that cancer cells spilled over to the ovaries. Do men have as many problems as we women? If so, I don't hear about them that much.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: