Re: Female info

Fri Mar 20 07:39:59 2009

At Thu, 19 Mar 2009, HERB F DIXON wrote: >Hi Cheryl! Thanks for sharing this! I've been told the same thing about the 5 years. It's been a couple of years since I've been in. I'll be seeing an OB/GYN soon to make arrangements for the surgery to have my ovary removed and will make sure I talk to him about this, too. Great info! I hoe you're having a good day!
Kris >I had to go to the Gyn. yesterday, and I want to pass on this info that I have learned. About 16 years ago I had a hysterectomy, cervix, and appendix removed. My Gyn. at that time said since I don't have a cervix, I only need to be seen every 5 years. He retired, the next Gyn. said every 2 years. The one I had yesterday said 1 time a year. I explained what I had been told by a few other Gyn's. She got very upset, and said NO! Once a year. She had a 38 year old patient that was getting married and went to see her for a checkup before getting married. Her girlfriends had told her that since she no longer had a cervix she didn't need a pap. So she had not been seen in over 8 years. She died 8 months later from cancer. That is why even if your cervix is removed, it still is vital to have a yearly pap so they can check for abnormal cells. I know this is an A.R.D. website, since so many women read it, I wanted to pass this valuable info on. For the Men on this site, tell your wife, Mom, Sis Etc.. It is pretty scary. For me I just figured, how can they find cancer when the cervix is gone. Oh so wrong. If this can help anyone out, it is worth it. Cheryl D.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: