Re: Adhesion Barriers Survey

Tue Mar 24 20:12:58 2009

Donna, I have had this pain ever since I had my hernia repaired, May 07. I did get some relief from injections, didn't last very long. It just keeps getting worse after each injection. So when I read the link on occult hernias, I started to think this could be the reason that pain keeps coming back. I no longer have ovaries, but pain also where they used to be. I also have entrapped nerves in the groin and back problems as well as adhesion's. I can feel them pulling on my abdomen from the inside.  Let us know how it goes for you! Good Luck Debbie B

--- On Wed, 3/25/09, Donna Johansen <donnajohansen@telus.net> wrote:

From: Donna Johansen <donnajohansen@telus.net> Subject: Re: Adhesion Barriers Survey To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 1:32 AM

Hi Debbie, Thank you so much for the link!  I may end up going to the clinic to have her do something about the underlying pain...if a hernia is what's causing it. How long have you been suffering with this pain?   I am so shocked that I wasn't offered this medication a decade ago.  I would like to sue all the doctors who treated me like I was a nutcase with both the adhesion pain and this different difficult pain. They just let me go on the road to death last year....I just don't understand it...it goes beyond insanity to be forced to live like this. I truly think if I was a man this would not have gone on so long.   Yesterday I went to my doctor (a locum for my real whose is on another of his myriad of vacations getting his tan!) and this one actually took the paper you sent me and browsed through it.  My real doctor won't even discuss research or opinions of other doctors....refuses outright.  She determined that I should try "nerve pain medication" this was mentioned in the article as a good place to start.  It's working!!  Right now I am supposed to be on a very low dosage but I've upped it myself and although the pain is not completely gone I am very encouraged by how quickly it's gotten better enough to cope.  Last night I took 4 instead of 1 and I slept through the night for the first time in a decade.  I know self medication isn't approved by doctors but the low dose is just a waste of time for me. I hope this was helpful to you...I think trying this route may be worth it for you.  It is interesting that the most troublesome pain in my ovary area is mostly gone, the pain in my hip is mostly gone but my back right around my waistline is "catching" and quite painful.  Maybe a disk problem or something...  I'm thinking perhaps this is the cause of everything.....I will get back to the doc and find out what she thinks and hopefully get a scan or something.   Have a great night...I hope you are better soon. Donna J

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Debbie Baranes Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 12:19 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Adhesion Barriers Survey

Hi Donna it was me who sent you the link, because I am having a similar kind of pain. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks Debbie B Also if you don't mind, could I contact you direct. Please reply

--- On Mon, 3/23/09, Donna Johansen <donnajohansen@telus.net> wrote:

From: Donna Johansen <donnajohansen@telus.net> Subject: Re: Adhesion Barriers Survey To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Monday, March 23, 2009, 6:43 PM

Linda, >From the beginning back in mid 90's I have a single point in my left abdominal...close to ovary area..no matter what I have done that never goes away. Near the time this showed it's head I also (don't know if this is related at all) started to have "clicking" in my hips when walking...but it was really nothing other then a bother with the noise...yes, I could hear it.
Then I had an ultrasound in the big city...not our country hospital...and they were surprised to find a "Spegelian Hernia"  that was the diagnosis. She actually brought in all the big doctors to confirm her find.   Nothing was done about it here until I couldn't stand the pain any longer...then I had an open abdominal surgery to find it but they said there was nothing.  Now when I read through the link someone posted today I see that these hernias are almost impossible to find by just looking into the abdominal cavity. http://www.laparoscopytoday.com/2004/01/hernias_in_wome.html So, in addition to this pain I continued to suffer with adhesion pain and more so after this open surgery. I think perhaps I have finally found a solution ..now to talk to my new doctor about it today....because it's getting worse and worse and the only exercise I can do, walking, is now so painful that I avoid it at all costs. Wish me luck!   Donna J

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Linda Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:23 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Adhesion Barriers Survey

Donna,    Where is your pain?  You said,"pain radiates through to my bum(?) and down my leg."   Since the doctor couldn't see any adhesions, perhaps it was nerve pain.  I'm not sure how they detect nerve pain.  I had a doctor tell me adhesions don't cause pain but rather the nerves the adhesions entrap.  Has anyone else's doctor told them this?  In a way it makes sense.  If one considers how a scab (adhesion) forms after getting cut, the painful area is under the scar tissue.   You said your doctor was sick of hearing you complain about pain and won't look into what's wrong...Then you must search until you find a doctor who does care.  A good, compassionate doctor is almost impossible to find.  Some of the people on this site say Dr. Semertizides, Cincinnati, OH, is a kind and compassionate doctor.  I'm thinking about going to him.  I just don't want to go through surgery again until I have a 90-100 percent assurance adhesions won't return as they previously did after the past two surgeries.   Like you, I'm suffering after adhesion surgery in 2001.  By now, Dr. Redan probably realizes regardless of how adhesions are lysed, they reform.  I honestly wonder if adhesions continue to grow like vines.  If there were some type of device/machine/instrument that one could view inside one's body, I'm sure it would show massive adhesions.  We have CT Scans, MRIs, Xrays, etc. but nothing to detect adhesions....this is insane!    Take care and God Bless.   Linda  

>----- Original Message -----
From: Donna Johansen To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:37 PM Subject: Re: Adhesion Barriers Survey

Lou, Thank you, thank you...today is another bad day and I don't want to say anything to my family....so tired of hearing myself and I am sure they are tired of hearing me! After my adhesion surgery in 2001 and again last year, I woke up with no overall adhesions pain but definitely this persistent pain on my left side.  The nurses were really pissed at me when I started to cry saying they didn't get it.  I was in a state of panic both times. This pain I'm having could definitely be something else.  Dr. K looked hard and long for adhesions in the area of my sharp throbbing pain on  my left side.  He said it was not adhesions but that I should look into a hip problem.  It makes sense as the pain radiates through to my bum and down my leg.  Only problem, my doctor is sick of hearing me complain about pain and won't really look into what is wrong. I do have adhesions  around my bowels but not like the ones he cut out. I don't know, I'm at my wits end with it and wish I could just forget it all.  How can I when the pain is so difficult to endure? Thanks for your thoughts.  Donna J

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of LOU COOPER Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2009 7:47 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Adhesion Barriers Survey

Hi Donna, How's your pain,I am thinking of you, their are days when its just hell, but reading the news about adhesion barrier's,I think we are on the verge of big things, your pain my be due to something else and if the Dr have to look inside at a future date,we will be protected. Haemcure is a name of a corporation based in Montreal,Ispoke to one of the V.Ps of this company, he told me that thy had developed a fibrin sealant, which worked on 151 people but is not ready for the market, I thing he did tell me that a adhesion barrier for kids that have heart surgery, has been FDA approved for use in the U.S and Canada, one small step!!!!!!!!!! Take care, Donna, remember you are not alone. Lou

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Donna Johansen <donnajohansen@telus.net> wrote: > Hi Lou...found it!
> Having to go to Germany is a terrible curse for Canadians....and
I > don't know what to do about it but feel I must...I am in touch
with a > couple of women with one who was in Germany with me and another
who I > contacted prior to going who had a fairly good success there.
> Is the Haemacure being used in Canada? Guess I should read the
> link...sorry...just spending so much time reading these emails
that > there isn't much time for anything else. I am sure Mark from
Seattle > would know something about it. He is very good at researching
the ARD > subject.
>
> Donna
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]
On > Behalf Of LOU COOPER
> Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:34 AM
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> Subject: Re: Adhesion Barriers Survey
>
> .Hi Donna
> I was asking all that had been to Germany, I was wondering if
the > spray gel worked, I am pleased for you that it was a success, I
feel > that one must have a adhesion barrier after any abd surgery if
not > their is no protection from adhesions.
> We should not have to go to Germany for this kind of

surgery,Canada is > not in 2009 its in the dark ages, I would like to find out how
many > Canadians are suffering with this, I was told alot and not all
> women.it would be good if we could fined them.it time that we
had a > adhesion barrier and a good surgeon that understands adhesions.
> I spoke to a very nice man today works for a company called.
> HAEMACURE. it has been
> working on a very good adhesion barrier, its been tryed on 151
people, > with good results, it makes interesting reading

http://www.haemacure.com The > US appears to have a few good surgeons who understand adhesions,
I > wish that I could go to one of them that has been spoken of in
this > forum I thing I am going to do is write a letter to my M.P.any
port in > a storm.
> Fed up!!!!!!!!
> Lou
>
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Donna Johansen
> <donnajohansen@telus.net> wrote:
>> Hi Lou,
>> I am not sure if you were referring to me (donna j) but I'll
> reply
>> anyway. I had surgery last June in Germany. SprayGel was used
> and
>> although I have some problems they are nothing like before and
> I'm not
>> sure they are adhesion related as I have other issues such as
> severe
>> arthritis, back problems, diabetes and who knows what else!
The >
>> second look one week after my main surgery showed no regrowth
of >
>> adhesions. I would call it a success as I am alive!
>> Not sure I would have been without the trip to Germany and Dr.
> K.
>>
>> Donna J
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]
> On
>> Behalf Of Lou
>> Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 9:07 AM
>> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>> Subject: Adhesion Barriers Survey
>>
>> Hi All,
>> It would also be of interest after surgery, did you or did you
> not
>> have adhesion barrier.
>> Donna, you said that you had another sheet of film put in to
> stop
>> adhesions, do you know the name of this adhesion barrier and
the >
>> company. By reading about barriers,it appears that some work
> better
>> than others in stopping adhesions returning.This appears to be
> the
>> answer, barriers, so like Donna would you mind telling us, your
> last
>> surgery, yes or no to having abd barrier also how did it work
> out.
>> It would be of great help to all of us to be armed with the
> facts and
>> to make an informed decision.
>> I had surgery in 07 with NO adhesion barrier, thay were back
> after
>> 5 days.
>> JUST INFO
>> A corp in Montreal and Florida called HAEMACURE hs a fibrin
> sealand
>> which has been tested on 151 people that stops adhesions and
> proved to
>> be safe.
>> And maybe was going on the US and Canadian market within the
> next two
>> years but just our luck it looks like its up for sale!!!!!
>> LOU
>>
>> --
>> LOU
>>
>> please go to the unsubscribe form at
>> http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm
>>
>> please go
>> to the unsubscribe form at
>> http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm
>>
>
> http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm
>
> to the unsubscribe form at
> http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm
>

htm

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.24/2017 - Release Date: 03/22/09 17:51:00

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: