Consider joining IFFGD

Mon Apr 6 20:23:44 2009

I recently renewed my annual membership in IFFGD- the International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders. The annual cost is $25.00, plus I usually include some extra $ for research.

I have been a member for a few years now, but have never seen the issue of adhesions addressed on their website or in their publication for members, 'Digestive Health Matters'. On the renewal form, it said that if you had any comments that you could write them on the back of the form. I wrote that I would like to see the issue of adhesions addressed, and also mentioned the Functional cine MRI that we have heard about in Europe but that doesn't seem to be available in the U.S. I also mentioned the IAS site.

I received a response from Nancy Norton, President and Founder of IFFGD. She wrote:

"...We also appreciated--and took to heart--your interest in more information about adhesion-related disorders. I have talked to Bill Norton, who edits our journal, Digestive Health Matters; he plans to ask one of the doctors on our Medical Advisory Board to discuss adhesions and functional cine MRIs in an upcoming issue, in the "Clinical Corner" section. I will try to let you know when to expect it..."

I came across this article about the benefits of joining IFFGD. They address many digestive issues, and hopefully they will add the issue of adhesions. I wonder how many people with this issue have no idea about them, like we here on the IAS site do.

Check it out-

http://ibs.about.com/od/resources/p/iffgd.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: