Link I gave in previous post stopped working

Thu Apr 23 19:47:50 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of BBLDEB@aol.com Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:58 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Link I gave in previous post stopped working

JetStamp...     Just wanted to say that it is typical for doctor's to think that way.  The problem is that they are not used to dealing with the adhesions, and most that say it aren't surgeon's.  Which says a lot in itself.  Any good surgeon knows that adhesions will form within 3 hours to 7 days Post-Op or Post injury.  There is nothing that can be done about it unless some sort of adhesion barrier is put in place.  I think this is one reason that so many doctor's say that "US" as patients are either : "Out of our minds", "Have No Life other than to think of ways to get pain meds (drugs)",  "need psychiatric evaluations and help",  "think of ways to get away from home or daily lives", "make things up to get disability" etc...  I have heard and seen so many excuses.  None of which are true.  Hard to believe that a little small scope in the abdomen can say alot for itself, if only a "GOOD" doctor would be willing to go the small step and just "LOOK".  If they did, then most of us wouldn't be in the predicament that we are today.  Some of us would actually have a child(ren), and some of us would be leading a very active life.  Some of us wouldn't have lost our jobs and some of us would still be working today with a REAL LIFE.  And to think we depend on these doctors to save our lives every day.  I have a doctor right now that actually wants me to wait till I am "Almost Dead" and have a "Total blockage" before he will even "LOOK" to see what is going on with me.  He doesn't care whether or not I am in pain, or that I only get to eat every few days because I vomit so much.  He is a general surgeon.  And he also did my gastric bypass, but didn't look in the abdomen to see if there was any "ISSUES" that needed tending to.  I have tried to show him and prove to him what is wrong, but he doesn't want the responsibility of doing the surgery, because he could cut into my bowels and cost me my life.  With all my allergies and the limits of medicines that I can take, it does make it hard for him to say "OK".  So he chooses not to do anything.  And I am left with the circumstances from it.      So, yes, in answer to your email.... It does happen, it will happen and the only thing we can do is hope to find a doctor that ACTUALLY knows what he is talking about and is willing to LISTEN to US for a change and help us the way that needs to be helped and find a barrier that will work.. in the USA. (Or where ever you are from).  God speed and Bless you all. ~Debbie Laptops and Desktops!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: