Re: Helen chalmers, Still in pain

Fri Apr 24 20:22:11 2009

To Helen's family, my heart also goes out to you all. Helen had suffered for years and years. Her wanting to kill herself was not new. I was in the hospital around 6 years ago with appendicitis, bad luck after finally getting free from adhesions. I had been feeling wonderful, no pain and no pills after my German surgery, then fighting for my life in hospital. I had been told by a doctor 1n 1997 that he had removed my appendix so I did not think that I had one. I told the ER this and thus they did not operate for it. Instead I laid in bed dying with a high temp, high white cell count, etc. almost unconscious. My husband called Dr. Kruschinski in desperation and he convinced the doctor on call to operate at 3 A.M.in the middle of the night. Well, my appendix had burst and I had major peritonitis. I almost did not survive.

While I was fighting for my life, Helen called me. We had become close back then and she did not realize how bad I was. Well, she told me that she was going to kill herself. I talked and talked and talked. I told her that I was fighting for my life and even though we had both talked about it before, when it was really real, I did not want to die. I was fighting hard to live. She listened and promised that she would get counseling and proper medication, but her pain did not go away. After years of pain, it is not the pain medication that kills you, it is the pain. I do not know what brought it all to this final point of desperation for her nor do I know how she killed herself, I only know that when people are in agony they deserve help. God Bless you all. With kindest regards, Sally

t Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Sister of Helen jackson Chalmers wrote: >
>My Dearet
>Helen died Apr 07, I am finding out today, her sister. I
>moved and they couldnt find me. Helen couldnt take the pain friends.
>
>Debbie
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: