Anyone tried the Clear Passage Physical Therapy?

Fri May 1 17:40:54 2009

I was wondering if anyone here has tried the Clear Passage Physical Therapy where they use what they call the 'Wurn Technique' which was named after the physical therapist who invented it. Apparently she herself had adhesions as a result of a c-section.

There are 3 U.S. locations- I think one is in California, one is in Florida, and there is one in Iowa. The Iowa location would be a driveable distance although I would need to stay there for the duration as it isn't close enough to drive every day- I live near the twin cities in Minnesota.

I'm not sure what is involved in becoming a patient- I see they do have an online form to fill out if you are interested. I just would like to hear some first-hand testimonials rather than relying on their website's posted reviews. Wonder what the success versus failure rate actually is. I assume there would be some out-of-pocket costs for it- I doubt it would be the usual $15.00 co-pay I had for other physical therapists- who were pretty sure I had adhesions but couldn't really do much about them.

Now if only doctors would acknowledge adhesions, a patient could always ask them what they knew about programs such as this but obviously with the current ignorance this isn't feasible. I'm very tempted to look into it but as I said I would like to hear some first-person accounts of their experiences with the program before I decide anything.

I'm going to try to discuss my issues with yet another new Internal Medicine doc at a new clinic in about 4 weeks- she is my 80-year old mother's doctor and I'm wondering if there is a chance that she might have some mercy and/or respect for me because of this. However, I did warn my mother that if the past is any indication, my relationships with doctors have a tendency to end pretty quickly and bitterly when I refuse to buy into their vague, catch-all diagnosis terms like IBS and PFD (pelvic floor dysfunction) instead of trying to get to the root of my issues. I told her that if this did happen that I hoped it wouldn't have a negative affect on her relationship with this doc as my mother seems to like her quite a bit.

Today I received a questionnaire in the mail from my previous clinic. I fired the doctor I had been seeing there. The clinic wants to know why I haven't been in to them for awhile. If they are going to ask me, I will certainly be willing to tell them- for what little good it will do!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: