SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR

Thu May 21 20:45:00 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of lynette shriver Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 10:59 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR

I have a "nerve stimulator" implanted.  It is made by the company MEDTRONIC.  I had it implanted July of 2006 by my pain management Dr. and my general surgeon.  I had a trial one and it worked pretty well. With one surgery the docs put it in.  The battery is in my lower back and then 3 wires go up and across my hip and down next to my nerves in my groin. (all internally implanted.) This is were I was having the greatest pain.  The type I got stays in for about 9 yrs.  You have to recharge the battery about once a month and it takes 3 hrs.  I have a device that I match up to my battery in my back and it recharges.  Also I have another device that I can match up with my battery and change the intensity of the 3 wires, either 2 stimulating at once or all 3 rotating.    I was practically pain free until March of this year, so about 2yrs and 8months. Through this period the only thing I took for occasional pain was Motrin.  It is still working but my pain now is too intense for it to take the pain away and I can't tolerate the intensity  being increased.  I am trying other things in addition to the stimulator now like nerve injections and physical therapy for deep tissue massage and exercises to stretch the adhesion's.   With this device implanted, I can't have and MRI below my neck.  Also they said it might set off the metal detectors.  So far it hasn't.  I do have a card I carry that says I have the device implanted. I would recommend this to anyone with pain from abdominal adhesion.   ________________________________________ From: IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> ________________________________________ To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 6:54:38 PM Subject: SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR From: jetstamp@yahoo.com (jetstamp) Subject: Re: SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR

At Sat, 16 May 2009, IAS Admin  wrote: >
>From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of
>lindahalford
>Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 9:39 PM
>To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org
>Subject: SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR
>

>"...Is there anyone on this site who has one of these devices and if so, is
it >helping? 

>This is not the same as the Morphine Pump which I had at one time,
exhausted >all pain meds and became immune to them." 

Enter keywords: