Bladder adhesions to Uterus after c section

Tue Jun 30 22:29:42 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of NishaSeth@aol.com Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 5:10 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Bladder adhesions to Uterus after c section

Hi Jen, sorry to hear about your last troubles. i found out I had my bladder attached to my uterus after my first child (when i had a three day and very complex labour resulting in an emrgency section. I had been having some mild discomfort/like pullling and twinging pain  a few years later and I sometimes found I was  going to the  loo alot! Apparently that's because theres not much room to expand. The pain gradually subsided and was hardly noticeable. Then my gynae panicked me a bit when I then told him i was expecting again and suggested i have a urologist standby when i had my next c-section to deliver my next child (found out i was having twins). He warned me that there could be some associated problems which may make a delivery  a bit more complex because of the risk of puncturing the bladder. There was talk of dividing the adhesion as well. I'm pleased to tell you that i had a very plannned c-section and the new gynaecologist said that the adhesion was not too bad at all. I do not think he divided the twoeven when he delivered my twins. We didn't need a urologist at all.   I have several dense adhesions in this area now from the second c-section as well as huge ones from a large vertical laparotomy in 1993. In fact I think the pelvic adhesions have now fused with the abdominal one, but the pains are now intermittent from the scar on the tummy not from the bladder/womb, although the fusion does pull the uterus up and everyone notices the shape when i have a scan. As for pain, I don't think  feel anything there really. My plan is to go to germany to have an MRI scan to check how bad all the adhesions are in the stomach area this is as it is now affecting digestion badly and I have had small bad obstructions from this.   Everyone is different and relates to pain differently. My personal opinion is if it is not really affecting your day to day life, then maybe leave things as they are, because there is always a chance with surgery, you may get more.I obviously had had this adhesion for some time before I even noticed it and now maybe i am just living with whatever pain it gives, but it's bearable. Good luck and do let me know how you get on. Bet wishes, Nisha  

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: