This Friday's 20/20 on ABC

Sat Aug 8 11:40:16 2009

I have heard that Any Stein, author of the book 'Heal Pelvic Pain', along with the doctor who wrote the foreward to the book, will be on ABC's 20/20 this Friday, August 7.

It sounds like the focus will be on sexual pain and what they call 'vulvodynia', but who knows what else may come up. Her book is currently like my bible- and the Interstitial Cystitis Network also feels the same way. I watched a video by the network founder who explained that the muscles become tightened as the body tries to protect itself against the pain. The topic of adhesions does come up in the book as well, and also IBS and sexual dysfunction.

As I have mentioned before, I am doing the set of stretching exercises that she calls 'End The Pain' which is supposed to loosen and lengthen the muscles. I am in the middle of my third week of doing them and I have to say that I do feel some loosening effects. She says it usually takes 1-4 months to get full relief. They are pretty simple exercises to do. I have had a small but very annoying rectocele for years, and it really does feel like, as the circulation in that area improves, I may be able to get rid of it as well as the abdominal and pelvic tightness.

This is also the cheapest thing I have done- the only cost is the book itself which is in paperback. She does an excellent job of explaining how this vicious cycle all gets started and what happens in the body. If you have the chance, it might be worth watching this 20/ show Friday.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: