Re: tramadol?

Tue Aug 11 20:45:05 2009

I have been on tramadol for the past 6 years.? I take at least one a day (usually at night to ease the pain so I can sleep).? For breakthrough pain, I may take two.? I like tramadol more than narcotics because you don't have all of the side effects especially some of the withdrawal symtoms you sometimes get with the narcotics.?

-----Original Message----- From: IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Tue, Aug 11, 2009 9:23 pm Subject: tramadol?

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Joanna Rice Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 9:25 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: tramadol?

I have been on tramadol for about 10 yrs. I don't take it everyday, just when I am in pain. I have not seen any problems. The heavier pain meds make me itch too. All though, I still have to take them every now and then and when in hospital. I have found I have to take 2 instead of one, when i need it for pain. Hope this helps ? > Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 11:43:07 -0500
> From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: tramadol?
>
> Sender: donnacboggs@comcast.net (Donna B)
> Subject: tramadol?
>
> has anyone here had experience with long term use of tramadol? It is
> helping to reduce pain and I have very few side effects. Opiates make
> me ITCH and tramadol is a synthetic opiate, not rated as a narcotic and
> is much easier on my overall health, so far, than any other pain med I
> have used.
>
> I white-nuckled it through the last 6 month long pain episode leading up
> to last surgery. Surgery was only 3 1/2 months ago and it is too soon
> for another. I just can't get through without some pharmacutical help
> this time.