Re: OK, Why am I such a whimp?

Mon Aug 24 21:01:47 2009

I think, at times people on groups such as ours want to come across as strong in a misdirected desire to "help" other sufferers. This does result in sufferers who are in active pain to feel as less than those who are so "under control and without need of pain medication". Let's try and be a little less self congratulatory and feel what others need from us. It's not what you think, it's empathy and understanding. There is a fine line between telling others what has worked for us, and how well we are doing, to trying to understand where others are and being with them right there.

Just my opinion......not in any way targeted at any individual.

--
Donna J

On 22-Aug-09, at 5:50 PM, IAS Admin (Tracy) wrote:

> Sender: extrafeetmom@yahoo.com (Kristie) > Subject: OK, Why am I such a whimp? > > I have read a lot of the postings today. It seems I am much whimper > than all you guys. I take percocet. A LOT of percocet. I was on 9 > pills of oxycotin for years, and my pain started to be "less of a > pain".....so I got off of those and took percocet just as needed. > Well, > about 3 months ago, the pain started back and I have to take 2 > percocet > about 2-3 times a day. I never ever feel > "high". I can drive and do everything, it just takes the pain away or > lessons it so I can function. > So why can't I get by with lesser drugs like you all seem to do?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: