OK, Why am I such a whimp?

Sat Aug 29 13:59:25 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Thorinaadams@aol.com Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:40 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: OK, Why am I such a whimp?

Hey Cheryl,   I think I have spoke to you before...but I am going to write you again just in case I haven't.  I understand your insurance does not kick in till Feb.  But when it does...You SERIOUSLY need to get in contact w/Dr Semertzides in Cinncinnati, OH.  Listed below is my experience w/him.  He is great!   Ok, I will give you as much information as I possibly can muster up.  The whole reason I am posting sooo much on this board about Dr Semertzides is so possibly at  least one person out there will not have to suffer with this just as much as I have.  Everything I told and am about to tell you is the absolute truth.   I lived w/adhesions for approx. 2 years.  With 8 surgeries to remove them. One of those times almost killed me due to the fact the doctor (not Dr Semertzides) nicked my bowel in 2 places and closed me up that way.  All of the contents in my bowel were emptied into my body and I went into septic shock.  Thank god my husband is a paramedic and knew what to look for.  He saved my life.  Anyways, I was suffering w/a partial bowel obstruction d/t adhesions and in pain and suffering just as you are.  I had been on the internet a million and one times to find just SOMEONE who could actually help.  I once again went on and there he was.  What a god miracle!  I had never seen him before!   Ok, low down on everything.Dr Semertzides was trained to do surgery from the doctor who invented laprascopic surgery!  He is the only ONE licensed in the US to perform this procedure! 

[Moderator's note: as far as we know this is the technique that Dr. Semertzides uses and has developed himself. He does not need any special license to perform it.]

He cuts and burns the adhesive tissue inside. Then applies what is called a fibrin protein. AKA Fibrin Glue.  He then freezes that spot to stop blood flow to that area.  The fibrin glue lasts approx 12 days while the body heals as this is the time the adhesions will normally form. Adhesions may return, but will NOT be nearly as severe.  Now, his success rate is this.....35 % will never need surgery again......35% may need one more surgery to correct everything....the rest will never be cured. so go into this with your eyes open.  But I will tell you this.....I am a paramedic as well, and in good conscience, would NEVER recommend this, unless it worked!  And IT DID!!  I have not felt this good in years.  I still have little, itty bitty twinges of pain but I gotta tell you...I live again and NOT ON PAIN MEDS.  Excedrin (acetaminophen) takes that little twinge away.  I had surgery back in October, and on a normal basis, would have been crawling with pain by now.  I am doing AWESOME!!!  Thank Dr Semertzides when you meet him and tell him Christina Adams from Tennessee sent you.    Now about hospital....your going to love this!!  NO PAIN the entire time you are there!!  The staff (nurses) are absolutely awesome!  They are asking if you need pain meds before you are LOL.  The hospital that he performs the surgery at is Bethesda North in Cinncinnati.  I was there for 2 weeks but I had an unusual situation.  He said normally people are there 3 days.  But I was partially obstructed and had to have IV food to strengthen my body before I could survive the surgery. I was there 3 days after my surgery.  And he made sure I was not in any pain for the trip home.  I don't know about insurance. You would have to call to find out.  Below is the link to his website.  Oh yea....forgot about this....YOU GET TO WATCH YOUR SURGERY ON DVD AFTER THE SURGERY!!!  There is absolutely no question as to what went on!!!  If you have any other questions.....feel free to email me.  Best of Luck to all...May God give each and every one of you the strength to survive and get back to living!!!   Love Always Christina Adams Maryville, TN About Adhesions: Dr. John Semertzides Solutions for Chronic Problems with Pelvic / Abdominal Adhesions.   In a message dated 8/24/2009 10:08:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tracy.joslin@adhesions.org writes: From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 11:59 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: OK, Why am I such a whimp?

Kristie, You are not a WIMP! Everyone delas with pain differently. FYI, I take 8 percocet daily, and 40 mg. of methadone. I was on morpheine but I hated the way I felt on it, plus I would quit breathing when I was sleeping keeping my Husband up at night afraid that I would die. My pain is God awful. There are days when I abuse my meds and take 1-2 extra pills. Thats when I am writhing in pain pulling my hair out and sobbing Oh God make this STOP! I also hate what this illness has done to me and turned me into. I never feel high either, my system is accostomed to my meds. I would give anything to take meds that actually take the pain away, the pain just gets dulled a bit. I am able to drive also, but I know that I shouldn't because of being on a controlled substance. Plus Law Enforcement can tell by your eyes if you are on narcotics. There are more of us out here taking meds than you think. I don't feel that I am a wimp. It is the only way I can deal. After having 4 children, you DO know what pain is, especially 2 C-Sections. I never had kids naturally. My oldest was 10 lbs. 1 oz. and 22 1/2 in. long. He wasn't coming out. My pelvis never spread for him to come out. My youngest was breach 2 weeks before due date, so that time I scheduled my C-section to deliver him. I didn't want to get beat to death trying to deliver naturally again, then have a C-section. You have 4 kids, and you are dealing with raising them, running them everywhere, running a home, a job? and your horrible pain on top of it all. I think you are pretty remarkable! Hey give yourself a break, and a pat on the back, your plate is full, and runneth over!! Talk with your Doctor and tell him how you are dealing, Not dealing with your pain. He may add something else to take with your percocet, or increase your dose to 2 more pills a day. Some people use pain patches. I am going to OHSU next month for a consultation with 2 doc's to see if the Celious Plexis Nerve Block may help me out, or not? My Gastro said that it helps some people more than others. I can't do anything until Dec. that is when I will FINALLY have health care. Kristie, take care of yourself, and give yourself a break. I deal with depression with Adhesions, and want my life back sooooo bad. I also take antidepressants. I would give anything to just FLUSH all of my meds! I just feel so old for my age. I just turned 51. Good luck! Cheryl   > Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 19:50:19 -0500
> From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: OK, Why am I such a whimp?
>
> Sender: extrafeetmom@yahoo.com (Kristie)
> Subject: OK, Why am I such a whimp?
>
> I have read a lot of the postings today. It seems I am much whimper
> than all you guys. I take percocet. A LOT of percocet. I was on 9
> pills of oxycotin for years, and my pain started to be "less of a
> pain".....so I got off of those and took percocet just as needed. Well,
> about 3 months ago, the pain started back and I have to take 2 percocet
> about 2-3 times a day. I never ever feel
> "high". I can drive and do everything, it just takes the pain away or
> lessons it so I can function.
> So why can't I get by with lesser drugs like you all seem to do? I have
> had 4 babies, pushed two out, and had C sections, I know what pain