Pelvic Pain-Please Help!

Tue Sep 15 19:54:09 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Jeanette Chamberlain Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 12:09 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Pelvic Pain-Please Help!

First of all, I am so grateful for this forum and the opportunity it gives us to vent, get advice, learn from others, commiserate and support each other. Through the years, (yes many years unfortunately) I have been able to access this board to keep my sanity and seek a better life while suffering from this life sucking disease. Thank you for being here for all of us.   I had actually come to a point in my life when I was keeping things fairly normal and balanced. I got myself off the Morphine and I am now using doctor prescribed methadone to control my pain...along with gapabentin (long term pain), hydrocodone for break out pain, a muscle relaxant for the muscle spasms, a reflux prescription, miralax, a stool softener and metamucil for constipation...quite a daily cocktail, but it was working. I can now keep my house clean (well cleaner), go for walks. I have lost 30 pounds thanks to the nausea I get after eating. (mixed blessing) and I finally started receiving SSDI in May of this year after a two year battle to be approved for it and 25% of my back SSDI to lawyers.   Now for the "Please, I need help" part! I have recently been experiencing pain in my center pelvic/groin area. It feels almost like a pinched nerve like constant pain but it isn't constant. It always hurts when I move around, but urination does not cause additional pain.  Sometimes the pain will extend down into my thighs...usually my right thigh. The muscle relaxant does not relieve any of the pain. The hydrocodone takes the edge off of it. I can't recall having done anything that would cause a muscle pull or something like that. I have been diagnosed with a prolapsed bladder. The new pain area is not close to the two known adhesion areas. I don't get it, just when my life was improving a little, this happens! I try to think positive but it is so hard when you hurt, as you all well know.   If anyone has any idea of what this might be, I would really appreciate your input on it. I am going to the doctor on Friday but I suspect that he will be as stymied as I am about what this new pain is.   Thank you for taking the time to read this rather long email and for any help, ideas, advice you could give me!   Jeanette

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: