Triggers.

Tue Sep 22 22:25:46 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2009 1:56 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Triggers.

Hi Linda, I am sorry for all the pain that you go through and are caused by adhesions. It is so amazing that when someone writes a story that we all can identify with something in that letter they send. I just went through my worst episode ever. If I ever have that strength and depth of unrelenting pain again, I am very afraid of what I might do. I don't know much about Trigger shots. I had Intercostal Nerve Blocks where shots were injected into my back which were somehow attached to the nerve's in my abdomen, and left me numb. Not pain free just "uncomfortably numb". ( Good old Pink Floyd ) Trying to walk was a joke. The pain was less than normal, but when the injection wore off, the pain just flooded my abdomen again. At one time my Gastro gave me an injection in my abdomen about 2 1/2 inches to the left of my belly button, and 3 inches up from there. OMG that was excruciating. It was a Kevlar shot. I would give anything for a shot that would totally numb you during the horrible pain we endure. On Wed. when I was sooo bad I didn't go to the E.R. for the simple fact we didn't think they could do anything for me. I told my husband that if nothing else, maybe I would get put on something stronger so I could deal with the pain. I sobbed and writhed in pain back and forth all afternoon. Just because I drove our older GMC PU that the driver's door is hard to close. every time I slammed it closed, it ripped and tore at me more and more. Then the pain just came rolling in like waves of contractions. This is not fair. When patients go in for abdominal surgeries, surgeons should advise them that they may, or have a good chance of getting adhesions, then offer some type of barrier. As we deal with this, probably thousands of people in the world are having surgeries, and will be on this website soon to talk about their horrible pain and experiences. I have not heard of Marinol either, but I am going to research it in a while. The knife is quite sharp again today. I also feel as if I am dying a slow torturous death. Sorry I've gone off. God bless all of us. Maybe soon?? I know how hard it is to be positive. hugs to all, Cheryl

>----- Original Message -----
From: IAS Admin (Tracy) To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:11 PM Subject: Triggers. From: "linda" <lindahalford@comcast.net> Subject: Re: Triggers.

You should try trigger shots to find out if they help.  Some people get long

term relief, some short term and others get none.

My adhesions are throughout my intestines/abdominal wall.  I've never had success with trigger shots; however, I've talked to people with back problems who say they got a lot of relief.  The shots really hurt if the doctor doesn't numb the area good.  The key is the doctor needs to inject the right nerve ending(s) that lead to the pain.  I believe finding the right nerve endings is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I've even had an experimental surgery where the doctor was suppose to sever the nerves leading to the pain.  Needless to say, it didn't work.  The doctor didn't even follow up once he knew it wasn't a success.  I've been a guinea pig. 

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: