Re: Adhesion Surgery

Sat Nov 14 15:04:46 2009

At Wed, 11 Nov 2009, Olivia wrote: >
>I had sugery to remove adhesions in July of 2009. It is now November
>and the chronic pain that required me to have surgery is back.
>
>Has anyone else had surgery to treat adhesions only to suffer from the
>same horrible pain a few months after the surgery?
>
>--
>Olivia
>

Olivia, In April 1998 I had surgery for several repairs but primarily for the removal of adhesions in the left lower quadrant(LLQ) of my abdomen. In June, I had to be hospitalized for a small bowel obstruction (SBO) in that same area. No one beleved that adhesions could possibly be causing the problem as I was only 8 weeks post-op. I was hospitalized for 7 days with an NG tube and IV with fluids & pain meds. At the end of July, I was hospitalized again with the same treatment for 5 days. On August 12 I was hospitalized again with another SBO. After 9 days of no improvement I had surgery. The surgeon found that my intestines were adhered at a 45 degree angle in my groin area.

I have had 6 surgeries in this area since 1974. I had a vaginial hyst. in 1973. Approx. 4 mths. later I developed pain in that LLQ area. It took me 8 mths. to find a physician who correctly diagnosed the problem. He told me my left tube & ovary were "massivly adhered" to my colon. After the surgery the pain and other symptoms were gone. Since then I have been hospitalized about 20+ x for SBO & had a total of 6 surgeries for probs related to adhesions.

As always, for what its worth, checking out your current situation with your M.D. could be helpful. I hope my response has been helpful. I was glad to find this website. This my first post. I wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts. Take care,

--
"Keep Going Forward,"
Kathy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: