Colon not working now, more adhesions - surgery scheduled with Dr.

Fri Nov 20 18:52:10 2009

Hi all I haven't been on the board in a while. I have been really emotional the last couple of months and just a mess. It has been almost 2 years now since my colon has actually worked and I think I would go forever without a BM if I did not give myself major ememas. My last surgery was 3 years ago with Dr. Redan for adhesions, which he did take out, but he warned me he thought the nerves and muscles in my abdomen had been cut on so many times and that I have taken so many laxatives over my lifetime that it had damaged my colon. Things went well for about a year after the surgery, but then my colon stopped working again. I have had 8 open abdmominal surgeries all together for female problems, hysterectomy, removal of ovaries and adhesions.

I am now scheduled for a subtotal colectomy with Dr. Redan as well as removal of adhesions on 12/16/09. Dr. Redan states I have slow transit constipation and my colon just isn't working anymore. Has anyone else had this procedure done? If you have could you please write me and let me know how your procedure went and what I should expect? I am very nervous, but I know I must do something to make myself better because this is making me sick, I feel like I am being poisoned. Thanks everyone.

--
Stacey

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: