Re: ADHESIONS digest 1201

Thu Dec 3 21:12:30 2009

Hi Kris! Thank you so much for getting back to me. I actually called the hospital, they emailed me the paperwork to fill out. my cousin also emailed Dr redan directly and he responded within minutes! He will be reviewing my records and hopefully I will be on my way shortly to see him for surgery. Try him again. Maybe your message didn't get through? I have tried some pain clinics..but without any success. Good luck to you too. I will post again when I hear back from dr redan. And also after surgery, if I have it. Thanks again! Jenny Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message----- From: "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:53:06 To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Subject: ADHESIONS digest 1201

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Kristine Lovaas Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 7:36 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 1201

Hi Jenny! Sorry you're going through this again.I hope you have better luck than I did with getting a response from Dr. Redan's coordinator. I emailed twice and called 3 times last year, but never got a reply. I had surgery in March in MN adn then again in May for adhesions removal. I felt better for a few weeks after each one. The pain is constant ever since. I'm in pain management. I don't want another surgery. If you can't get to Dr. Redan or another surgeon to help, have you considered a pain management clinic? This is a horrible condition to live with, I know! Hang in there and let us know what you find out.

Kris

________________________________________ From: Adhesions Society <adhesions@adhesions.org>

--
Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:55:56 PM
Subject: ADHESIONS digest 1201

ADHESIONS Digest 1201

Topics covered in this issue include:

1) looking into surgery with Dr. Redan,in Florida...looking for anyone else who had surgery with him??!!     by "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>   2) Colon not working now, more adhesions - surgery scheduled with Dr.     by "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>   3) Colon not working now, more adhesions - surgery scheduled with Dr.     by "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>   4) phenol injection     by "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:37:50 -0600 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> ---------------------------------------------------------------------- To: <adhesions@adhesions.org> Subject: looking into surgery with Dr. Redan,in Florida...looking for anyone else who had surgery with him??!! Message-ID: <002b01ca7176$dfc3c830$6401a8c0@Tracy> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain;     charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit From: kummer_jennifer1@hotmail.com (Jenny) Subject: lokking into surgery with Dr. Redan,in Florida...looking for anyone else who had surgery with him??!!

Hi gang, So I have posted a few times over the past 3 or 4 years.  I had surgery last year for hernia repair and lysis of adhesions.  I was out of pain for over 8 months! What joy.  Then all heck broke loose on Halloween of this year, pain is back.  Since then I have been hospitalized twice. Once for 8 days then home about 1 week, then hospitalized for 11 days...I was release yesterday, on Thanksgiving.  The doctors at the last hospital, did not believe that pain was caused by adhesions, and would NOT give me any pain meds to go home on...except the one pain patch that was placed on me yesterday due to expire tomorrow.  I called my regular Dr.  and he did give me a prescription for 5 fentanyl pain patches and some oral dilaudid.  The patches only work for 3 days and and the dilaudid pills will not work by themselves.  The pain, as I know you all are aware, is just horrific.  The pain goes across my pelvis and lower abdomen - with pressure on the right side, almost as if there is a balloon ready to pop there and then all the pain radiates through my stomach towards my tailbone.  If I sit up for too long it feels like my pelvis has cement that has hardened in it and I can't move.  I am at a loss for who to see....So I am thinking about going to Florida to see Dr.  Redan.  I live in Illinois.  What I am wondering is if any of you have gone to see him?? What did you think about him, the hospital, the staff? How did you do after surgery?? Was it in patient or out patient? Does the hospital accept insurances? I do have a call into the coordinator and an email, but I wanted to get the opinion of any one who has gone there... Thanks so much.  I know I only have about 15 days of pain meds before I am in trouble, so I am going to have to act quickly!!! Love to all!!!! In horrible pain, but hopefull, Jenny kummer_jennifer1@hotmail.com

[admin note: under our Sponsor links on each page of our website you can see the logo for Celebration Hospital to get more information about Dr. Redan. Please also search our recent message archives for helpful information.]

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/message.htm

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:38:17 -0600 ------------------------------ From: "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>

--
To: <adhesions@adhesions.org>
Subject: Colon not working now, more adhesions - surgery scheduled with Dr.
Message-ID: <002c01ca7176$efbef7f0$6401a8c0@Tracy>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Message requiring your approval ---------------------- Sender: kummer_jennifer1@hotmail.com (Jenny) Message requiring your approval ---------------------- Subject: Re: Colon not working now, more adhesions - surgery scheduled with Message requiring your approval ---------------------- Dr.

Hi Stacey, I never did have that surgery, but I am wondering what you thought about Dr.  Redan and the Celebration hospital.  I am hopefully going to be going there for surgery as well.  I live in Illinois, so do not know much about the hospital.  Could you give me your opinion on it all??? Thanks so much.  God Bless you.  I will pray for your surgery and it's success!!

Jenny

At Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Stacey wrote: > >Hi all I haven't been on the board in a while.  I have been really >emotional the last couple of months and just a mess.  It has been almost >2 years now since my colon has actually worked and I think I would go >forever without a BM if I did not give myself major ememas.  My last >surgery was 3 years ago with Dr.  Redan for adhesions, which he did take >out, but he warned me he thought the nerves and muscles in my abdomen >had been cut on so many times and that I have taken so many laxatives >over my lifetime that it had damaged my colon.  Things went well for >about a year after the surgery, but then my colon stopped working again. >I have had 8 open abdmominal surgeries all together for female problems, >hysterectomy, removal of ovaries and adhesions. > >I am now scheduled for a subtotal colectomy with Dr.  Redan as well as >removal of adhesions on 12/16/09.  Dr.  Redan states I have slow transit >constipation and my colon just isn't working anymore.  Has anyone else >had this procedure done? If you have could you please write me and let >me know how your procedure went and what I should expect? I am very >nervous, but I know I must do something to make myself better because >this is making me sick, I feel like I am being poisoned.  Thanks >everyone. > >-- >Stacey >

Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:39:09 -0600 ------------------------------ From: "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> ------------------------------ To: <adhesions@adhesions.org> Subject: Colon not working now, more adhesions - surgery scheduled with Dr. Message-ID: <002d01ca7177$0ea34b30$6401a8c0@Tracy> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain;     charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Message requiring your approval ---------------------- Sender: rg3083@embarqmail.com (Robin ) Message requiring your approval ---------------------- Subject: Re: Colon not working now, more adhesions - surgery scheduled with Message requiring your approval ---------------------- Dr.

Hi Stacey,

I just had a rectosigmoid colectomy with Dr.  Redan 11/13.  I too am a victim of slow transit constipation as well as a host of other things.  I have had 3 open surgeries for adhesions and a bunch of laps for different things.  (gallblader, hysterectomy,etc.).  I also ended up having my appendix taken out as it was engulfed in adhesions this last surgery.  I am only a few weeks out so I cannot tell you much as I am definately healing and my body is trying to get use to it's "new self". I did want to encourage you and remind you of what a great doctor- Dr. Redan is.  Take good care and let us know how you are doing.  Blessing! Robin

At Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Stacey wrote: > >Hi all I haven't been on the board in a while.  I have been really >emotional the last couple of months and just a mess.  It has been almost >2 years now since my colon has actually worked and I think I would go >forever without a BM if I did not give myself major ememas.  My last >surgery was 3 years ago with Dr.  Redan for adhesions, which he did take >out, but he warned me he thought the nerves and muscles in my abdomen >had been cut on so many times and that I have taken so many laxatives >over my lifetime that it had damaged my colon.  Things went well for >about a year after the surgery, but then my colon stopped working again. >I have had 8 open abdmominal surgeries all together for female problems, >hysterectomy, removal of ovaries and adhesions. > >I am now scheduled for a subtotal colectomy with Dr.  Redan as well as >removal of adhesions on 12/16/09.  Dr.  Redan states I have slow transit >constipation and my colon just isn't working anymore.  Has anyone else >had this procedure done? If you have could you please write me and let >me know how your procedure went and what I should expect? I am very >nervous, but I know I must do something to make myself better because >this is making me sick, I feel like I am being poisoned.  Thanks >everyone. > >-- >Stacey >

Hi Stacey,

I just had a rectosigmoid colectomy with Dr. Redan 11/13.  I too am a victim of slow transit constipation as well as a host of other things.  I have had 3 open surgeries for adhesions and a bunch of laps for different things. (gallblader, hysterectomy,etc.). I also ended up having my appendix taken out as it was engulfed in adhesions this last surgery.  I am only a few weeks out so I cannot tell you much as I am definately healing and my body is trying to get use to it's "new self".  I did want to encourage you and remind you of what a great doctor- Dr. Redan is. Take good care and let us know how you are doing. Blessing! Robin

Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:39:45 -0600 ------------------------------ From: "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> ------------------------------ To: <adhesions@adhesions.org> Subject: phenol injection Message-ID: <002e01ca7177$244cf2b0$6401a8c0@Tracy> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain;     charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit From: kimberly@lookinportland.com (Kimberly) Subject: Re: phenol injection

Hi Cheryl, Linda and Ginger,

My name is Kimberly and my brother has severe adhesions.  I live in Portland, Oregon and my brother lives 1.5 hours away.  He went back into hospital today and am looking for help.

Doctors do not want to do anymore surgery after having had 7 or 8 and has 20% of his stomach and his intestines rearranged on numerous occasions.

Did the Phenol injections work?

Regarding the doctor in Germany, can you provide his name and contact information? Can you tell me what the process is to have surgery there when not a citizen?

I so appreciate all your help!!

Healing and blessings to all.

--
Kimberly

End of ADHESIONS Digest 1201 ------------------------------ **************************** ------------------------------

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: