Dr. Semertzides, Dr. Gerhart, etc.

Sun Jan 3 15:43:32 2010

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Sally Dalton Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 5:29 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Dr. Semertzides, Dr. Gerhart, etc.

I have heard that Dr. Andrew Cook in Los Gatos, California, operates on patients with adhesions.  I believe his primary surgical expertise is operating to clean up endo.  If anyone has had adhesion surgery with Dr. Cook, we would appreciate hearing from you.   I have had horrific adhesion since a botched laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy in 2004.  I have been hospitalized twice for bowel blockages, but have not had another surgery.   So, if you have any information of Dr. Cook in California, please email. Thank you. Sally

--- On Thu, 12/31/09, IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote:

From: IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> Subject: Dr. Semertzides, Dr. Gerhart, etc. To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 3:18 PM From: Fern777Hill@Yahoo.com (Fern) Subject: Re: Dr. Semertzides, Dr. Gerhart, etc.

Here is my follow-up

I spoke to a secretary for Dr.  Semertzides and if you send all of your information he can review them and then you can have a telephone consult for $200.  I am not sure if this is reasonable or not.  If he is good then I don't have any objection to coming down there.

I am planning to check with Dr.  Gerhardt.  I think he does much of the same thing as Dr.  Redan and may be a little closer than Florida.  Dr. Redan's assistant recommended Dr.  Gerhardt if I wanted someone closer. For Pete's sake, I wish there was someone in California or anywhere on the West Coast.  Dr.  Redan requires patients to be there for a week.  If he operates on a Thursday, he would like to see them on the following Tuesday.  Then one could fly out of there.  You need to bring a friend and then buy 2 airline tickets, etc.  I am not saying you could make some sort of vacation out of it, but you could.

Once again, I am looking for long term results from either of them or anyone.

At Sat, 26 Dec 2009, Fern wrote: >
>I would like to know of anyone that has had long term results with Dr.
>Semertzides.  Dr.  Semertzides does explain how he tries to get rid of
>adhesions using a fibrin glue.  I went to Dr.  Redan's website and he
>does not explain what he tries to do.  Does his method use a fibrin
>glue?
>
>--
>Fern Hill
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: