Adhesions and Crohn's disease

Wed Jan 6 18:45:08 2010

Hi all,

I'm at a point in my life where my other medical problems have either been cured or are well managed (as under control as they'll ever be).

I've had seven abdominal/pelvic operations over the years, each of which addressed various adhesions as a side-note to the primary objective for the surgery. But unfortunately, I developed some particularly painful intestinal adhesions following my hysterectomy in June '09. I'm only 27 and want to LIVE my life (especially now that I'm finally able to pursue physical activities for the first time in years).

The kicker is, I also have Crohn's disease. Laxatives, fiber supplements, and less healthy options like caffeine and alcohol wreak havoc on my intestines, and the pain associated with the Crohn's reaction to normal treatment for constipation/impaction due to adhesions is equally as bad.

So does anyone else happen to suffer from these two disorders? If so, what have you found that's healthy and helps the adhesions issue without exacerbating Crohn's?

Thanks in advance, and I hope everyone's 2010 is as blessed as can be with our malady.

- J.J.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: