Seeking Help

Sat Feb 27 20:23:54 2010

Hello,

Years ago I had to have severe adhesions removed. At the time it was never explained to me what adhesions were and that they could come back. The past two years I have had severe problems with vomiting,nausea,bladder and bowel problems. The pain has come to a point of being unbearable. The doctors here will not even do exploratory surgery unless there is a full blockage showing. I was told that my pain,digestion,bladder and bowel problems were not typical of adhesions. But in doing my own research I realize this is not true. I am a Canadian and I have come to the conclusion after two years that I will not get help here. I am very interested in seeking treatment at the Center for Complex Abdominal and Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CAPPS) at Florida Hospital Celebration Health. I am about to try to go through the process of applying to Ohip and my spouse's insurance through work for assistance. I am wondering if there is anyone that has had to go through the same process because of being out of country? I just want to make sure I am taking the right steps. I feel that my chances of succeeding with Ohip and the insurance company are slim. I am at a point where all I can be offered is pain medication. I am not comfortable with this, by what I have researched there is more that can be done then just giving in to a life on pain medications.I am desperate to reclaim my life. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: