Celiac Plexus Block

Sat Feb 27 20:36:10 2010

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Alta Wickberg Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 8:01 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Celiac Plexus Block

I had the same reaction to that procedure.  It wasn't as bad as you but bad enough.  My PM got mad at ME because it didn't work.  I was hopeing it would work for you and am sorry it did not.   Feel better, my thoughts are with you. Alta

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 5:14 PM, IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 9:17 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Celiac Plexus Block

It took 2 years for me because I didn't have health ins. I have been going through a NIGHTMARE since I had the procedure. For 4 weeks I have had the absolute worst pain. I have been to urgent Care, Blood Tests, Xrays, ultra sound, urine tests, have been in for IV care saline, nausea meds and Dilaudid. I curl into a ball and just sob from pain. Saw family doc he increased my pain meds. Went to ER had more tetsts, IV therapy, morpheine, dilauded finally after 6 hours my pain level went to a 7 and they sent me home. The Dr. that did the procedure has said that the block has never caused problems like this for any patients. He also did 2 biopsies. The one on the right where tissue was red and inflammed makes me wonder if it was adhesions that were possibly disturbed? If I have pancreatitis that just doesn't show up on tests? Right before the procedure the Dr. said it probably wouldn't work since most of my adhesions are on my left and the block is done on the right, but since I had never been scoped it was a good idea. I have CT scans scheduled for this Thurs. With all of my tests coming up normal it does make me wonder about adhesions. The Dr. that did the Block had already dismissed me saying the other 2 blocks would not help me and to go back to my previous Dr's. I know that everyone is different and reacts differently to procedures. I wouldn't want to keep someone from having a procedure that may help them. Personally I would NEVER do this again. I know my next option will either be a pain pump, or surgery. Financially surgery is not an option. Thanks for asking, and for caring about me and how it all went. I just pray every day that the pain will be gone, but it continues to rear its ugly head. Bless you all. Cheryl  

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: